PDA

View Full Version : Q8o HU

oreogod
11-27-2005, 03:42 AM
Opponent was not tricky, more on the passive side. Example...he would hardly raise preflop, and when he did with Ax or Kx he would check down if he didnt hit. He also would not get value on any of his hands at all.

Anyway, pay off or fold?

10/20 HU

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
SB/Button calls, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (2 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero...

Bonus Question: Change K/images/graemlins/club.gif to K/images/graemlins/spade.gif...and assume typical opponent...pay off or fold?

baronzeus
11-27-2005, 03:48 AM
did you use a converter for this hand?

i pay off usually, but from your description this may be bad. in the end its totally read based/up to you.

etizzle
11-27-2005, 04:07 AM
i pretty much always pay off here, although against really passive opponents I probably shouldnt.

Spicymoose
11-27-2005, 11:41 AM
As Baronzeus said, it really is about how strong your read is. Against most opponents, I think you need to call down. If you are pretty sure he is really this passive, you can fold. How long had you been playing with him? Had you been playing HU the entire time?