PDA

View Full Version : QQ, Turn decision

dcarlc
11-27-2005, 03:22 AM
5/10 6 Max 5 handed

CO is 36/10/3 60 hands
Button is 50/6/1 80 hands

Utg limps, CO raises, Button calls, SB folds, Hero BB 3 bets Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif, UTG folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero bets, CO raises, Button calls, Hero calls?

River: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero?

brazilio
11-27-2005, 04:18 AM
Bet and call if the CO raises and the button folds, bet and fold if the CO calls and the button raises. If the Button coldcalls I'd just flip a coin and hate each choice. You can also check and fold if you have to call 2 back.

baronzeus
11-27-2005, 05:00 AM
i c/c here, maybe b/f, depends on my mood.

Spartan1983
11-27-2005, 11:54 AM
Bet, call 1 back to you. A 3bet back to you with both in would be a tough call. This is a classic "Clarkmeister" situation, if you don't know what that is do a search.

Monty Cantsin
11-27-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a classic "Clarkmeister" situation...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm misremembering but I'm pretty sure the situation Clarkmeister was talking about was:

You've been betting the whole way, it's heads up, 4 to a flush comes on the river, you should continue to bet whether or not you have the flush, you'll be surprised how many non-flush hands call you down and how many flushes don't raise you.

Over time, the term has come to be used to describe any situation where the 4th flush card comes on the river, but I don't think that's all that helpful.

This case, with the turn action and the third player, isn't a Clarkmeister at all.

I prefer to make a Baronzeus here, which means to check, bet, call, or fold.

Specifically I think I'll check and overcall, fold to a raise.

/mc

dcarlc
11-27-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a classic "Clarkmeister" situation...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm misremembering but I'm pretty sure the situation Clarkmeister was talking about was:

You've been betting the whole way, it's heads up, 4 to a flush comes on the river, you should continue to bet whether or not you have the flush, you'll be surprised how many non-flush hands call you down and how many flushes don't raise you.

Over time, the term has come to be used to describe any situation where the 4th flush card comes on the river, but I don't think that's all that helpful.

This case, with the turn action and the third player, isn't a Clarkmeister at all.

I prefer to make a Baronzeus here, which means to check, bet, call, or fold.

Specifically I think I'll check and overcall, fold to a raise.

/mc

[/ QUOTE ]
When the button called 2 cold that froze me. I thought with CO's agg I still had him beat and if the button folds I like to 3 bet. When the 4th spade comes on river I checked with the intention of calling 1 bet but it checked through. Both showed Ace Jack, no spade.

Knowing the results I missed out on a lot of bets. Should I have made more on this hand? More importantly with these 2 players if I lost should I lose 1 or 2 more bets?

Alobar
11-27-2005, 03:28 PM
3 bet the turn