PDA

View Full Version : a couple hands

yourface
11-27-2005, 01:43 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

opponents are your standard party .5/1 fare.

Hand 1:
FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
3 folds, Hero raises, 4 folds, SB =#A500AF(villan)/ 3-bets, 1 fold, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 players)
villan bets, Hero raises, villan calls.

Turn: (6 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif(2 players)
villan checks, Hero bets, villan raises, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players)
villan bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Should I have raised the river?

Hand 2:

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $0.75. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
1 fold, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, 3 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, 1 fold, BB =#A500AF(villan)/ checks.

Raise this right?

Flop: (7 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 players)
villan checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, CO folds, Button calls, villan calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif (4 players)
villan bets, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, Button folds.

I never know whether to call or raise in this position. I've been having a bad week which I'm sure influenced my decision.

River: (7.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players)
villan bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Hand 3:

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
3 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 raises, 2 folds, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

3-bet this?

Flop: (10 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif (5 players)
SB checks, BB bets, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
BB bets, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Same issue as hand 2.

River: (11 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
BB bets, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Advice on all streets would be appreciated.

McGahee
11-27-2005, 01:47 AM
Hand #1 - fine
Hand #2 - usually raise the turn
Hand #3 - fold PF

bottomset
11-27-2005, 04:37 AM
hand1: I call the flop, turn raise the river

hand2: raise the turn, and I usually raise preflop there as well

hand3: I don't cc there, 3bet fairly often .. what do you know about BB, I think you can raise the turn there a fair amount of the time

SoftcoreRevolt
11-27-2005, 05:36 AM
Hand one is OK, I might even think about dumping this after that check raise, looks like AK, AQ or maybe even AA. I honestly don't see any hands you beat playing it like this, but a call down on .5/1 might be warranted.

Hand 2, Raise preflop, the turn is interesting. Most of the time I raise here, but against some villains I'll just call. If he's typical Party .5/1 stock I am raising.

Hand 3, I'm most likely 3 betting this preflop, and raising the turn if the hand plays out the same as it did.

11-27-2005, 07:16 AM
Hand 1. He 3 bets you pre flop and then bets the A flop.
This is a classic WA/WB. (Way Ahead, or Way behind).
If he has QQ,JJ,KK,TT you are WA. If he has AQ, AK, AA you are way behind. If you are way ahead, you don't want him to fold, you want him to keep betting at you with his KK and only 2 outs to improve.
So the way it goes is call, call, call or bet if he checks to you. You'll hear people talk about this line a lot. WA/WB - very useful.

Hand 2.
Raise preflop and the whole hand changes.

Hand 3.
Unless you know the villian to be a very loose raiser, this is a fold preflop.
But post flop, you played fine.

11-27-2005, 07:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hand1: I call the flop, turn raise the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you folding to a 3bet?

EDIT: I'm assuming yes. Do you raise the river expecting him to make a crying call with KK, QQ etc.? At .5/1, you're probably right. What about at the levels you're playing now - Villian dependant?