PDA

View Full Version : -11BB/100 last 900 6 max hands

mittman84
11-27-2005, 01:38 AM
i am at -11BB/100 my last 900 hands at $2/$4 6 max. I am fairly new to 6 max, and have had great success thus far. Is it possible to loose so much for almost 1K hands while still playing close to optimaly? my vp$ip is 35, fpr 15, wtsd 38 (cant flop [censored]), w$asd 43 (nothing holds up when i do make a hand) ive lost to so many gut shots and back door draws i feel like i want to puke.

xLukex
11-27-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i am at -11BB/100 my last 900 hands at $2/$4 6 max. I am fairly new to 6 max, and have had great success thus far. Is it possible to loose so much for almost 1K hands while still playing close to optimaly? my vp$ip is 35, fpr 15, wtsd 38 (cant flop [censored]), w$asd 43 (nothing holds up when i do make a hand) ive lost to so many gut shots and back door draws i feel like i want to puke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will tell you right now you're not playing very "optimaly."

You should start posting hands in the small stakes short-handed forum.

And your downswing isn't all that large. People have had 200-400BB downswings in short-handed. That is the risk you take playing that game.

PS You don't mean CMU in Pittsburgh do you? If so I am right down the street at Pitt..

mittman84
11-27-2005, 02:32 AM
thanks. nope, its central michigan university. What are the standard PT stats for a strong 6 max player at the $2/$4 6 max level? As i said i am fairly new to 6 max, but have had good success at it thus far(roughly 30K hands). I switched to 6 max because i was getting bored playing FR. I really enjoy 6 max, and think I have had a lot of success by playing LAGgy at tighter site, but have not had as much success at party and pokerstars because the players are so loose that I cannot run over them, and have not adjusted.

bdmcgraw
11-27-2005, 02:54 AM
You are most likely running badly. However, 35% vpip is entirely too lose for 6max. Most new players start at about a 22-VPIP 15-PFR%. There are many "6 max" starting hand charts in the short handed\HU forums. There are winning players that have up to I believe ~30ish VPIP, but I havent heard of any ~35's. I'm not saying it is impossible I just haven't heard of it and it certainly isn't common.

You said that you were looking to adjust to the loose players, tigheting up is a sure way to do this.

to the 2nd poster: < -- CMU undergrad

mittman84
11-27-2005, 03:17 AM
thanks, ill have to try tighening up v. the loose players. I know 35% is high, but I felt like it worked for me because felt I was outplaying my opponents big time post flop, but it also back fires playing againts the super loose players at stars and pp because you cant put moves on or anything...thus playing tight is better (which i need to do)

xLukex
11-27-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are most likely running badly. However, 35% vpip is entirely too lose for 6max. Most new players start at about a 22-VPIP 15-PFR%. There are many "6 max" starting hand charts in the short handed\HU forums. There are winning players that have up to I believe ~30ish VPIP, but I havent heard of any ~35's. I'm not saying it is impossible I just haven't heard of it and it certainly isn't common.

You said that you were looking to adjust to the loose players, tigheting up is a sure way to do this.

to the 2nd poster: < -- CMU undergrad

[/ QUOTE ]

Heidi ho neighborino! Junior at Pitt...living down on Bates St.

tansoku
11-27-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vpip is too high, as others have said. You were running hot, now you are not.
It should be down around 22-24 if you follow the starting hand charts in the HUSH forums. Note that playing more hands puts you in more marginal situations on average (and increases variance), which requires much better post flop/hand reading skills.
Play fewer tables if you are multi-tabling.
Use PT and replay all your losing hands with the pot odds pop-up there and see where you had odds to call or not.
Do a search for the 6max graph thread to see what kind of swings people go through..