PDA

View Full Version : Two thoughts on DVDs

fluxrad
11-27-2005, 01:34 AM
1. I hate conversations about DVDs because it reminds me of all the movies I loaned out to friends past and present but will never get back. It reminds me that I now have to go and purchase these [censored] DVDs all over again. Am I the only one who has this problem?

2. When looking for screenshots of the movie Swingers on google, make sure you have moderate filtering turned on.

mason55
11-27-2005, 01:43 AM
1. Yes I hate this. I even put my name on them but never get them back.

2. Thanks, I'm going to go try it with safe search turned off.

Maulik
11-27-2005, 01:47 AM
I love boring DVDs from you guys!

mason55
11-27-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't own any boring DVDs

Maulik
11-27-2005, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't own any boring DVDs

[/ QUOTE ]

Maulik meant to say borrowing.

pryor15
11-27-2005, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

2. When looking for screenshots of the movie Swingers on google, make sure you have moderate filtering turned on.

[/ QUOTE ]

typing the year in (i.e.: Swingers 1996) helps a great deal as well.

Blarg
11-27-2005, 03:22 AM
I've lost a ton of my best books this way, including some irreplaceable ones. And the ones I've gotten back have often looked like they got run over by a few tank treads.

This was back in the day when people still read, so I don't have that problem now. Now I just have problems getting my DVD's back.

Six months or more isn't uncommon.

Sponger15SB
11-27-2005, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

typing the year in (i.e.: Swingers 1996) helps a great deal as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

or

swingers movie

daryn
11-27-2005, 03:58 AM
i don't get it. why not just call your friend and say.. "yo, you have my dvd still? send me that [censored]"

Schneids
11-27-2005, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1. I hate conversations about DVDs because it reminds me of all the movies I loaned out to friends past and present but will never get back. It reminds me that I now have to go and purchase these [censored] DVDs all over again. Am I the only one who has this problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even know who has which DVDs of mine anymore. So annoying -- I'm to the point of just saying "no" to anyone who asks to borrow them.

Also, I hate the DVDs that force you to watch the previews. Not being able to skip them is retarded.

Blarg
11-27-2005, 04:39 AM
They suck very very mightily. Also ones with big introductions by peoplpe who have nothing to do with the material, like Disney's long-winded introductions to movies they imported that make it sound like they might as well have made it themselves, and this Looney Tunes collection I just got that starts with Whoopi Goldberg's ass saying she loves Looney Tunes. Who gives a flying f*ck?

But there's a button you can touch to get to the top menu and skip this garbage.

I am getting annoyed now at their sticking animations in between the chapter selection screens. I really hate all the animations slowing down easy navigation of DVD's. They really add absolutely zero value.

whiskeytown
11-27-2005, 04:46 AM
I'm buying DVD's of classic stuff - like King Kong or 50's Samurai films...

Not really the lastest thrillers like The Island.

I'd say of the 20-40 DVD purchases I'm making this year...Only about 10% of them are new releases of just viewed movies - the others are TV series from last year I missed, Old series I want, Classic movies and my fav's -

RB