PDA

View Full Version : ($11) QQ hand, good/bad/ugly?

Mariogs379
11-27-2005, 12:09 AM
blinds: 10/20 starting stax: 1500
im sb one lp limper i raise to 100 with QQ
bb folds lp calls
flop is Ad Kh Qd
i push...
what do you think?

rdubya
11-27-2005, 12:13 AM
no one reraised you better lay down a pot sized bet.....you wanna make money off of it..if hes got AA that was just a dumb play by not reraising...same with KK..id put him on AK...but since its internet play he could have A through 2 =)

bawcerelli
11-27-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
id put him on AK

[/ QUOTE ]

why? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

dseiko
11-27-2005, 12:21 AM
This would be a tough spot for me. I don't like pushing here. I think if your going to get called, you'll be beat, and the pot is to small. I probably bet the pot, folding to an all in reraise. Assuming a call on the flop from the villain, i continue with a pot bet on the turn and maybe check behind on the river, unless i fill up. I'd also slow down if a j t or daimond fell

rdubya
11-27-2005, 12:25 AM
Well what else is he gonna have?
rockets..nope..
kings..nope..
j 10?? if he is on tilt..why call a reraise with j10?..

who cares if he has 2 pair..you still got him beat...
AK wouldnt make sense either though..cause he probably woulda reraised..your right...

so now i put them on KQ or low pocket pair

bawcerelli
11-27-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably bet the pot, folding to an all in reraise. Assuming a call on the flop from the villain, i continue with a pot bet on the turn and maybe check behind on the river, unless i fill up.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm...what's going in this forum tonight? i'm perplexed, no beyond perplexed, i'm flummoxed from the advice being given out tonight.

bawcerelli
11-27-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well what else is he gonna have?

[/ QUOTE ]

he limped preflop!! and you want to put him on AK? oh my word...

rdubya
11-27-2005, 12:30 AM
Please re-read my post...

bawcerelli
11-27-2005, 12:33 AM
i see the bottom part now. but why put him on KQ? how likely is the case Q hitting the flop? why put him on ANY hand? all u know is he open limped pf in lp, then called a raise. he probably does have some kind of mid PP, but really it's an $11 and you don't know what he has here. as for the flop open push, def. a bad play.

dseiko
11-27-2005, 12:45 AM
To the OP - ignore my original response, i was overthinking it. This is after all only an $11
To bawcerelli - thanks for pointing out my overthinkinging (word?)

After re-evalulating this hand, i still don't push on the flop. I make pot bets and continue to until the river. If He raises all in on the flop, i'd be glad to call. He'll generally hold a hand weaker than yours, such as weark ace, maybe 2 pair, or even a straigh/flush draw - rarely will he hold jt.

tigerite
11-27-2005, 08:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i see the bottom part now. but why put him on KQ? how likely is the case Q hitting the flop? why put him on ANY hand? all u know is he open limped pf in lp, then called a raise. he probably does have some kind of mid PP, but really it's an $11 and you don't know what he has here. as for the flop open push, def. a bad play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I entirely agree.. push is just total overkill. As for "he won't have JT because he called a raise". ROFL at an $11 they could have absolutely anything here. Anything. The play is awful. I'd bet 2/3rds pot and go from there.

11-27-2005, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet 2/3rds pot and go from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

needcash
11-27-2005, 09:34 AM
Do y our opinions change on this if the board is all 1 suit? I had a similar situation like this yesterday, sorry I don't have the hand history. I had KK in SB. I raised to 400, blinds are 50/100 and there was 1 limper in front. Limper called. I had about 1100 chips left after the initial bet pre-flop. Flop is K/9/8 all diamonds. Villain has me covered. Hero?

tigerite
11-27-2005, 09:35 AM
In that situation I would push, to protect my hand, and also because if behind, I have many outs to come back. Also, you will be called by the naked A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif often.

11-27-2005, 09:41 AM
The blinds are bigger and the pot is already bigger in this hand than original post, so pushing is good. You shouldn't be afraid of the flush when HU.

needcash
11-27-2005, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In that situation I would push, to protect my hand, and also because if behind, I have many outs to come back. Also, you will be called by the naked A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it was the naked 10 diamonds (Qc/10d) /images/graemlins/confused.gif.

I did push, he called of course and diamond spiked on the river. I just wanted to be sure my play was correct given the situation. Thx!

tigerite
11-27-2005, 10:11 AM
You made the right play, his call was atrocious