PDA

View Full Version : Set of Q...

krishanleong
11-27-2005, 12:07 AM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, MP folds, CO calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

River: (8 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Thoughts? I had a 27 hand read on villian that was of no use.

Krishan

Jeff W
11-27-2005, 12:50 AM
I think SB, not CO, is the real threat to have the made straight, but I'd bet the turn(and river unimproved).

Drontier
11-27-2005, 01:40 AM
i have always bet the turn here and call, no matter what action it came back as. I also bet the river UI. I'm starting to wonder about the merits of this though. If we get checkraised, can we call turn/fold river? I think a lot of times this will only be two pair or a lower set so folding is out of the question. If they have 2 pair, or TP or a flush draw they will very willingly pay a bet on the turn and river though. Not to mention giving them free outs to a split sucks. If others would provide their insight into this hand it would be very helpful. I've been betting, but I've been really doubting the merits of it.(if its heads up, i'm almost always betting and calling down.)

Spicymoose
11-27-2005, 12:01 PM
I bet the turn. I know we are walking into a check raise here sometimes, but I think this is ok. First of all, we do get value often, as they do not always have a straight. Also, if you are ahead, you are giving a free card to your opponents when there are 4 cards to a chop, and 4 cards that might give someone else the pot (or at best chop). If you do get check raised, you have a good 20% equity, and you get the added bonus of sometimes getting led into the river even when the board pairs, and getting extra money from being able to pop the river. Ocassionally you get money from someone who was hopelessly bluffing the check raise too. These things are just ideas, and don't happen with so much frequency, but the combination of all of it I think makes this a good turn bet.

TStoneMBD
11-28-2005, 11:37 AM
i like a turn bet;

you are going to pay a bet to see the showdown anyway after you check the turn so if you are checkraised on the turn you can fold the river unimproved.

even against a straight your equity is fairly high and you arent losing that much by betting. the value you get on the times when youre ahead should outweight the losses when youre behind.

the only real threat of betting the turn is if SB checkraises and CO 3bets and SB caps it. that would be pretty catastrophic but it probably wouldnt happen all that often. alot of players are going to donk the turn after catching their straight and since neither did it it seems unlikely that both of them caught it.

sthief09
11-28-2005, 01:41 PM
youre giving 2 opponents 8 outs to take 2/3 of the pot from you

Danenania
11-28-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With at least 10 outs when you are behind to shore up your equity. This turn is a must bet.

imported_azalin
11-28-2005, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With at least 10 outs when you are behind to shore up your equity. This turn is a must bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. If you get raised you call the raise and fold the river bet UI then?

krishanleong
11-28-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I'm playing badly right now. I'm making a video. Time to become a student again.

Krishan

11-28-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the only real threat of betting the turn is if SB checkraises and CO 3bets and SB caps it. that would be pretty catastropic

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, with 10 outs and two opponents they could go infinite and we'd show a marginal edge.

MrBig30
11-28-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the only real threat of betting the turn is if SB checkraises and CO 3bets and SB caps it. that would be pretty catastropic

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, with 10 outs and two opponents they could go infinite and we'd show a marginal edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

11-28-2005, 03:50 PM
With only one street left I'm an idiot.