PDA

View Full Version : TT to a turn donk

oreogod
11-26-2005, 11:53 PM
10/20. No real read on villian, have like 10 hands together...but two hands back, this happened:

10/20. (this hand is pretty bleh)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls (sometimes I check raise and go from there...in hindsight thats what I should have done, but I had been pretty aggressive since I sat down), BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks.

River: (4 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls (didnt see value in a 3bet at the time as I thought he was putting on a move, but probably should have pushed it though since he could have a lower end of a str8...oh well).

Final Pot: 8 BB

Villian has Q/images/graemlins/spade.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif

Anyway, onto the hand...

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO folds.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero....

KDawgCometh
11-27-2005, 01:06 AM
I say let him keep on bluffing. If we raise, it'd suck badly to get three bet and have to fold what might be the best hand. If we raise and he doesn't have anything, he'll probably fold

Victor
11-27-2005, 02:55 AM
3betting is bad in the first one imo.

Spicymoose
11-27-2005, 11:45 AM
In hand 1, you played fine, but your thoughts on what you should have been are bad I think. Don't check raise that flop, you have plenty of opponents, and you want them in, the fact that there is a flush draw out there lowers your equity, and you want more people in. Also, no way do you 3-bet the river. He could easily have the flush, in which case you have to call a cap (or make a bad heroic fold), and if he was bluffing, you get no value out of it. He doesn't have the lower straight often enough.

In hand 2, I think a call down is pretty easy. You may be behind, in which case raising would be bad. He may be bluffing, in which case raising would be bad.