PDA

View Full Version : PARTY POKER BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZManODS
07-03-2003, 01:44 PM
All today ive been getting disconnected, missing blinds, missing hands because of their horrible server problems. I hate myself for every going back there!!!!!!!!

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-03-2003, 01:51 PM
They're going to create some serious ill will if their servers go haywire next weekend.

Packerfan1
07-03-2003, 05:26 PM
Made the mistake of entering their $20NL 4PM EST tourney.

Its one hour and 20 minutes in... the button has been around the table once. No communication. No "We're working on this", No apologies, no NOTHING!

330 players. Nothing. Their live help is disabled (like it was really useful talking to Barbara Johnson (aka Tajid Punam Palackaback) anyways). Their phone support is a VM with no option to leave a message.

And I really believed they were getting better. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Im still hoping for my $22 back. We'll see.

Pack

RiverMel
07-03-2003, 05:58 PM
I decided to check out Party today. Looks like they did an update, so I have to download the new software.

It's about a 600k file.

Too bad the Party server will only send me about 20k at a time. I have to close the program, and re-open it after about every 20k of transfer. At least it doesn't start over every time. I first started trying to download the update at around noon...it's now 6:00pm and I haven't had the patience to open, close, open, close, open, close the program the full 30 times yet.

What a joke.

ABSOLUTESUCKS
07-03-2003, 06:08 PM
WHAT THE F DOES YOUR TAG LINE MEAN?? GET A NEW ONE

Hooper
07-03-2003, 07:05 PM
I just finished playing (and winning) a SNG at Party. It took 2 hours, but a big part of my victory was the impatience of the other players. Many killed themselves off just to get away & I was happy to relieve them of their chips. The remainder kept me laughing (and sane) with their digs at Party in the chat. I also got a lot of reading done between hands.

maplepig
07-03-2003, 07:40 PM
there are still 6000 players there, amazing!!!

mrbaseball
07-03-2003, 07:52 PM
Wow is it horrible! I finally bit the bullet last night and opened a Party account. The performance is horrendous!

I have played 3 times and each session lasted one trip around the table. That's all I could take! Luckily I was a small winner each time. But I'm not sure if I can last the 500 hands to get my bonus. It's so sloooooow! I have never had any problems at all at Paradise or Stars and these Party games keep stalling and disconnecting. This is torture! I don't care how soft the games are /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I sure hope Paradises recent promos bring critical mass back over there because Party is just unsatisfactory!

mostsmooth
07-03-2003, 08:05 PM
they do suck
i asked them to reset my allins from 1 to 2 because i was playing 2 tables, the fp said no because i used 10 allins already for the week or whatever. i said i used so many allins because of your software, she said thats not true. i then asked if its not true, why do i keep getting apology emails about the connection troubles from the site? she didnt have an answer for that
i also received an email from them that recommended i change my isp to dsl from cable? is dsl better than cable?

beach_bum
07-03-2003, 08:21 PM
The problem is all on their end. It has nothing to do with whether you have DSL or cable.

LotusX
07-03-2003, 09:01 PM
i play party quite frequently, and i've never seen it as bad as today. I suspect this is a one time thing and I'm sure they will fix it. After all, their site has just exploded lately, and is now by FAR the biggest online poker room. Maybe they don't have the server capacity for all these new players. Again, I'm sure they will fix it though.

Party poker is here to stay.

maplepig
07-03-2003, 09:17 PM
It looks like something else. If it's simple server overloading, they could easily kill the play money game. I don't think the play money guys will be that mad at them if they can't play once or twice a week. Now they are pissing all the regular players off.

LotusX
07-03-2003, 09:23 PM
maple do you have any speculation as to what it could be?

maplepig
07-04-2003, 12:30 AM
I feel it's likely a mix of things, their own server and software, and the local network of the country where the servers are located. It's a bit out of their control if the export gateways or local routers give out trouble.