PDA

View Full Version : You're a sissy if you can't do this

05-07-2002, 02:02 PM

05-07-2002, 02:56 PM
Funny, I have been rewarded for feats of eating, and hot sauce is my favorite drug.

I'm not sure why I would admit these things to strangers on the Internet.

But I'll do what I must, to escape being characterized as the sissy I am.

And you?

eLROY

05-07-2002, 03:01 PM
When I lived in CA, we used to do daytrips up like Shasta, and Whitney. Meaning maybe we started driving after work on Friday, summited Saturday around noon, and ate dinner back in the Bay Area Saturday night.

I found that it was useful to grab a good wad of wasabe from some Sushi place, before these sea-level-to-sky treks. If I started getting a little misty when the sun rose at 12,000 feet, I'd just ram a wad up my nose.

eLROY

05-07-2002, 03:39 PM
There once was this piece of poor white trash that thought he was superior to black people because he was white. He was a convicted felon. He had little or no education. Everybody knew he was just poor white trash. He died of emnarrassment.

End of story.

05-07-2002, 03:59 PM
you're a dick

05-07-2002, 04:12 PM

05-07-2002, 04:24 PM
You're a total stud if you can leave Palo Alto after work and summit Shasta by noon on Saturday. There was a time about 2 years ago when I could have come close to doing that. Now I am so fat and pathetic from working at on office job its not even funny. I used to do those day trips all the time in Glacier Park. Ahh the memories.

05-07-2002, 04:37 PM
I saw someone actually do that for a $10 dollar bet, the whole bottle. He made it and got sick but won.

D.

05-07-2002, 06:37 PM
There once was a holy roller that named himself after a hobbit. He felt obliged to insist that African-Americans should try to be as white as possible. He thought the whites wouldn't lynch them, and would only treat them as second class citizens. The African-Americans graciously declined his offer and won full citizenship status by taking pride in their heritage.

The end.

05-07-2002, 07:21 PM
craft all the fiction you want, you're still a dick. i assume you're talking about someone else, since those things aren't true of me. hmm... great signature. you post inflammatory shit and then don't back it up.

maybe if you understood the english language you might have understood the things i have posted. i don't have a racist bone in my body. (i cannot hate another human being, and this helps) the mere use of the word African-American is proof that you area just being swept by the tide of unthinking sentiment and not putting your brain to use when it comes to this issue.

just who are you referring to when you use the term 'African-American'? if you refer to all people in the US with dark skin, then you are mistaken indeed. this term that so many people seem to think is okay to use actually completely ignores the history of this country, and lumps in a bunch of people under a heading just because of their skin color. what about the black-skinned people from haiti? what about how i am simply white, without any recognition of my Swedish heritage? i think its stupid as hell to start bandying about terms like African-American. in fact, as soon as we decide that we need a word or term to use to define people as other, they cease to be people the same as us, and THIS is the ultimate underlying act of racism. people are fucking people man. when we start classifying each other, we are separating ourselves, and this is racism/sexism/agism/elitism or whatever -ism applies. don't go putting labels on me, asshole. grow up and think for once.

05-07-2002, 07:41 PM
i dont know about a whole bottle but at my old law firm we had a tradition that at the christmas party all of the new associates had to drink a shot of tabasco.

Pat

05-08-2002, 07:18 AM
.. what about the black-skinned people from haiti? ..

They have a heritage of being enslaved in Africa as well.

05-08-2002, 11:35 AM
This hobbit man thought that if only everyone accepted that hobbit culture was superior to all the rest, then everyone would get along just dandy. The problem is that not everyone wants to be a hobbit!

05-08-2002, 11:40 AM
'They have a heritage of being enslaved '

well, gee, what group doesnt?

seen braveheart?

brad

05-08-2002, 11:45 AM
Not true! The Shire almost had a civil war once. There were German-Hobbits, and Irish-Hobbits and English Hobbits, and Dutch-Hobbits, and French-Hobbits, and the list goes on and on. All of these Hobbits celebrated their ethnic identity and were ready to kill each other. They agreed, however, to call themselves "US" hobbits only when the black hobbits decided that they had a culture, too. So all the light skinned Hobbits joined against the black hobbits and said"If you'd only accept that "our" culture is one big happy family and realize that the only good hobbit is a white hobbit, then you could paint your bodies white, and quit talking about your black hobbit history." Well, the war was averted. The"white"hobbits still fight, and celebrate different cultures amongst themselves, but they all know join together whenever a black hobbit shows up.

05-08-2002, 11:52 AM
'then you could paint your bodies white, and quit talking about your black hobbit history.'

i know of virtually no american of any color who knows any african history at all, with the exception of egypt, mummies,etc.

brad

05-08-2002, 12:35 PM
Wow I can't believe how underhanded your post is. Then again I guess I can. Here is what I wrote:

'They have a heritage of being enslaved in Africa as well.'

you quoted me as saying the following:

'They have a heritage of being enslaved'

I didn't think my post was that subtle but apparently it went way over your head. Baggins made a statement as to why not call Haitians Afro-Americans. The term "Afro-American" refers to those that had a history of being enslaved in Africa. I was merely pointing out the "Haitians" share this heritage. Do you get it now? At least have the decency to quote what me correctly instead of twisting it to your own whims. Your conduct is reprehensible. On that note I will bid adieu to this forum. I enjoyed it for a period of time not anymore though. I can tolerate divergent views but obnoxious, underhanded, and reprehensible behavior I can't. You are scum.

05-08-2002, 12:54 PM
i just meant every group has been enslaved.

my ancestors were slaves.

lets be glad we have freedom today and try to keep it.

lets speak against things like taking a microchip.

didnt mean any harm.

brad

05-08-2002, 12:58 PM
I wasn't speaking against anything. I was pointing out what I believed to be a misconception regarding baggins thinking. All you did was push your agenda by twisting what I wrote. Apology not accepted you're still scum in my book.

05-08-2002, 01:11 PM
well i have a bad life if thats any consolation for you.

brad

p.s. i think my comment was in theme with baggins point

' i think its stupid as hell to start bandying about terms like African-American. in fact, as soon as we decide that we need a word or term to use to define people as other, they cease to be people the same as us, and THIS is the ultimate underlying act of racism. people are fucking people man. when we start classifying each other, we are separating ourselves, and this is racism/sexism/agism/elitism or whatever -ism applies. don't go putting labels on me, asshole. grow up and think for once. '

05-08-2002, 05:21 PM
You obviously aren't close with any African-American families.

05-08-2002, 07:28 PM
perhaps. but not all people with dark skin are directly descendant from enlsaved africans. that was my point. besides, is it a good thing to identify an entire 'race' of people by the slavery their ancestors were yoked under? it just seems like another way we use language to keep from identifying ourselves with people of different skin color. why can't we all just be americans? i don't treat anyone differently because of their skin color. i don't see why i should have to have a word that separates me from another human being.

05-08-2002, 07:30 PM
thats stupid. you're still arguing with madeup history. besides, if a thought is valid, why do the murky historical waters come to bear at all?

05-08-2002, 10:14 PM
...or are you just a victim of results-based thinking?