PDA

View Full Version : Mildly common marginal situation

Stork
11-26-2005, 11:04 PM
3/6 5 handed on ub.

I raise QJo first in from mp. CO cold calls, sb and bb play too.

Flop comes KQ7r. SB leads out. BB folds and its on me. What's the best way to play this one?

Roy6
11-26-2005, 11:08 PM
I think kings or better would nearly always check-raise here, so I'd think we are good here almost always.

I'd call the flop, raise the turn and even bet the river unless villain plays back.

Blunderfull1
11-26-2005, 11:16 PM
I was thinking about raising the flop. I dont want the CO to come along with me after this flop. Try to get HU. Is this a bad play?

imported_leader
11-26-2005, 11:19 PM
I would raise and try to knock CO out.

Stork
11-26-2005, 11:22 PM
To me it looked like either a weak K, a weak Q, or a straight draw. I raised and bet the whole way as the board blanked off. Sounds like that's standard?

scotty34
11-26-2005, 11:23 PM
It would really help to know what kind of player SB is. Every time I see a player donk into a PFR, I make a note of what he does this with and what the board looked like if it goes to showdown.

TheMainEvent
11-26-2005, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To me it looked like either a weak K, a weak Q, or a straight draw. I raised and bet the whole way as the board blanked off. Sounds like that's standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this every time

imported_leader
11-26-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Might check the river depending on the board.

Raza
11-26-2005, 11:48 PM
This is good advice. Some players bet into the pfr with top pair only, some with bottom pair or better, some with just flush draws/oesd, others with trash when they think you missed a ragged flop, etc. I've been trying to keep detailed notes on this aspect and it really helps when you are in these marginal spots.

As for your line, looks pretty reasonable.

Stork
11-27-2005, 12:22 AM
Eh, reads are for chumps. A note was indeed made though after the hand. He had K6.

Stork
11-27-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure this was assumed, but just to be clear the raise got it HU.