PDA

View Full Version : My biggest pot ever!

11-26-2005, 10:50 PM
Playing at the local B&M last night in the $200 max $2/$5 NLHE game. Was up and down due to some of the loose calling and raising standards of the opponents at the table. Most of them were young and trying to show off.

The hand in question started off with the UTG raising to 3x the BB. Then, one after another, each player after him called. I was on the button, and with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and getting about 7:1 on my money I had to call. The BB and SB called leaving the pot at $135. One of the players said before the flop, "Uh oh, a flush will win this hand."

The flop came 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. It was checked to UTG who went all in for around $460. It slowly got folded to me, but before that one player flipped his hand over showing the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif which took away one of my outs. I still figured I had about 14 outs with an OESD and nut flush draw so I called and everyone else folded.

He turned over a set of 7s. I caught a /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the river to win an over $1,000 pot! It sure felt good to pull those chips in and stack them up.

I couldn't believe the way he played the hand, but I am happy he did it! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

11-27-2005, 04:39 AM
well you deserve at least one reply

way to go /images/graemlins/cool.gif

11-27-2005, 05:10 AM
Says who?

j/k

Tex

11-27-2005, 11:52 AM
Lol, thanks.

eviljeff
11-27-2005, 12:06 PM
fwiw, I'm pretty sure UTG played his hand correctly

The Truth
11-27-2005, 04:37 PM
NH.

it is sick to think that people post blinds bigger than this.

blake

Cancuk
11-27-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was on the button, and with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.... I caught a /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

something doesn't add up.

BoxTree
11-27-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was on the button, and with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.... I caught a /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

something doesn't add up.

[/ QUOTE ]

He caught "a spade" (not THE ACE of spades).

11-27-2005, 07:10 PM
I believe it was the 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the river, not entirely sure since I was celebrating at the point.

11-27-2005, 07:13 PM
You don't think a pot sized bet is more appropriate? It should do the job that the overbet attempted to do (by getting most people to fold or call with worst hand) and would have given me a harder time later in the hand since I would have had to call another huge bet with only a roughly 28% chance to win.