PDA

View Full Version : OT: I won a seat to the $700k, should I play?

TheNoodleMan
11-26-2005, 10:06 PM
I play the 27 turbos on stars. Today I used 3600fpps to enter a STT satalite to the sunday $700k and I won /images/graemlins/grin.gif.
I have had some limited success in MTTs, but I'm much more of a STT player.

Melchiades
11-26-2005, 10:17 PM
Do you want to? I think the more EV+ desicion is keeping the buyins. But playing might be great fun.

GtrHtr
11-26-2005, 11:01 PM
Take the money and run. Thats 19.6 buyins at the $27s. I've won 3 of these things and there is nothing quite like regenerating cash through STTs. Your BR never goes down during your T$ play, and cash just keeps getting added to your $ account over and over and over again. You should easily add at least $2-400 to your BR during your T$ play.

ilya
11-26-2005, 11:12 PM
Of course you should play.

bluefeet
11-26-2005, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Take the money and run. Thats 19.6 buyins at the $27s. I've won 3 of these things and there is nothing quite like regenerating cash through STTs. Your BR never goes down during your T$ play, and cash just keeps getting added to your $ account over and over and over again. You should easily add at least $2-400 to your BR during your T$ play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I haven't hit the big one, but I've lucked my fair share of the T$215's. Nothing quite as rewarding as "freerolling" the SnG's. Of course if you're one of those 100+BI freaks - playing for the big $$ might be a kick. Hard to advise not knowing your BR, but I'd milk every last T$ at the 27's.

11-26-2005, 11:33 PM
Congrats! Take the 20 buy-ins.

ClockWyze
11-26-2005, 11:38 PM
I won a seat as well -
I am a 50+5 SNG player.

I'm going to take a shot and play on Sunday.

11-27-2005, 12:34 AM
I think you should cash out the entry, see how it looks in your account and then decide whether you want to play the $215 MTT.

I doubt most of us playing the $27s would give serious consideration to entering the big buy-in MTT. That is, if the entry didn't appear to be free. But remember, you paid for those FPP.

Shilly
11-27-2005, 12:48 AM
I remember when I first started playing online, and I won a seat via an STT satellite for the Saturday night tourney on Party. I didn't have much MTT experience, and didn't have much of a bankroll, either (probably between $500 and $1000 at the time). I ended up making it fairly deep and won something like $800, effectively doubling my BR. That tournament enabled me to play higher stakes and allowed me to make a lot more money than I was before.

You seem to be a solid player and I'm guessing you have a decent-sized roll to be playing the 30's. I'd play the tournament and see if I could make a score big enough to affect the stakes I play, or just to provide a cushion until I'm comfortable moving up. You can always grind out $200 playing SNGs if you really need that buy-in.

cha59
11-27-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I haven't hit the big one, but I've lucked my fair share of the T$215's. Nothing quite as rewarding as "freerolling" the SnG's. Of course if you're one of those 100+BI freaks - playing for the big $$ might be a kick. Hard to advise not knowing your BR, but I'd milk every last T$ at the 27's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I resemble that remark /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I would play the big game with it.

TheNoodleMan
11-27-2005, 01:31 AM
I gave it a lot of thought, then I went to my mailbox and saw that I had recieved my option to buy Colts playoff tickets (thanks again STT forum! I never could've bought season tix without poker /images/graemlins/heart.gif ). Total damage for my 3 seats to both home games = $543, so I decided to go ahead and cash it in and call it even.
I just finished turning over the T$ in 3 sets of 8, and I finished up with my best 8 table set ever. 4 firsts and 2 seconds /images/graemlins/cool.gif
Up almost turned the T$530 into almost $800!

I was pretty tempted to play, and if it had been on a $215 week instead of the $530 week then I would have played it without thinking twice.

lacky
11-27-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

Boo. Where's yer Gambool! That's like sayin I should cash in my WPT seat. Unless he's gonna lose his place cause he doesn't have this months rent or somethen, live the dream.

Bluff Daddy
11-27-2005, 04:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

Boo. Where's yer Gambool! That's like sayin I should cash in my WPT seat. Unless he's gonna lose his place cause he doesn't have this months rent or somethen, live the dream.

[/ QUOTE ]

bennies
11-27-2005, 08:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Live the dream! Always! But not this one...