PDA

View Full Version : Why do you TILT?

11-26-2005, 10:02 PM
I've been thinking about what my tilt triggers are so that hopefully I can begin to eliminated them from my game. Here's my biggest tilter: I finally get a seat in a fantastic game and get burried for like half my buy-in within the first couple of orbits. One guy who is playing every hand, can't miss anything, and is running the game over. It's about this time that I start thinking that these things are just part of poker. The fish start leaving and a the great game I got burried in turns to stone.

I understand the math behind poker and that suckouts happen, and draws don't get there most of the time. In the long run money in poker flows from bad players to the good. Fish cap it and call me down with ace high. These are all things that are out of my control. Yet I still hate it when I get burried in a good game and it turns to stone on me /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif!

What tilts you the most?

xtingshun
11-26-2005, 10:09 PM
I think it's when I see the bad players continually get lucky. I mean when the same players (in a live 10/20 game) keep playing like crap and keep leaving with racks of chips. Sometimes that wears on the nerves. When it does I've learned I can just stand up and walk away for 10 minutes or so and just focus.

Just have to be able to play YOUR A GAME

Russ McGinley
11-26-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What tilts you the most?

[/ QUOTE ]

Morans who don't even know how to play the game rake in big pots while I lose with any two cards I'm dealt will do the trick. Easiest way to finish a session in the red is to win about 20% of your big hands (AA-TT, AKs/o, AQs) and miss with every drawing hand when there's 8 other people in and you are almost guaranteed to win a 20 BB pot if you can just hit a friggin hand. While you are steaming, you have to deal with Methuselah who, despite sitting in seat 6, cannot see the board and has to have it announced to him EVEN WHEN HE'S NOT IN THE [censored] HAND. Then you get to watch in amusement as the table fills up with people who don't even know the basics of hold'em and have to have everything explained to them 100 times, and somehow the poker gods decide that these people are the ones who, despite playing every single hand to the river, rake in big pots while you just sit there praying to be dealt a hand against them so you can get back to even at least but when you're dealt these big hands they totally miss or you are drawn out on.

That's why I tilt.