PDA

View Full Version : help needed about copying web pages to word....

11-26-2005, 08:43 PM
as i trawl the web i keep finding pages that i would like to keep a copy of on my pc, as well as adding to my 'Favourites'. is there a better way than selecting all, and then copy and and paste into word? i find it slow and it doesn't always make an exact copy of all the page so i have to add stuff like the source.

any help appreciated.

11-26-2005, 10:30 PM
The cheap inexpensive way of doing it would be to save it as a text file. 'file' > 'save as' , then select text file rather than web page.

The expensive but nice way of doing it requires Adode, you can print web pages to PDF.

Mason Hellmuth
11-26-2005, 11:19 PM
PDFCreator (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/). Don't know if this works for websites, but I think so.

Nomad84
11-27-2005, 03:03 AM
I like to use File>Save As... and choose "Web Archive, single file (*.mht)" as the file type. This saves the entire website, but doesn't result in a related folder for the graphics and stuff. It's easier for me to deal with when I move the file around since I just have one file to worry about. It doesn't appear that Firefox has this option though (I'm new to Firefox).