PDA

View Full Version : The other reason I love 2+2...

ElSapo
07-03-2003, 11:33 AM
...the first reason I read this forum is, obviously, that it's the best poker advice on the web. But there's another reason - I love reading the posts. There is so much talent here - both in poker and in writing, that it's a joy to read. Whenever you get good writers talking about something they're passionate about, the result is almost always effective, emotive and joyful. Between Tommy Angelo, DavidRoss, Lee Jones, Clarkmeister, Homer and too many others to mention, I read this forum just because, poker aside, it's fun.

There's always great posts, but this, from Clark in the Mid-High Stakes Forum, is what made me think of it:

Turn: [As Ac 6s] Qs. Poster checks, I bet, BB raises all in to $35, Poster makes it $55, I call $35 more in the $210 pot because...well...because I've got an ace dammit and I'm not folding. I fling my chips out and root for a queen.

I get an ace.

And suddenly I don't care how I played it poorly on every street against BB's 66 and SB's flush. And you know what...I still don't. I got 4 freaking aces. Ship it.

Anyways. I just wanted to say that.