PDA

View Full Version : (22s) AA hitting a set on the flop

11-26-2005, 07:33 PM
this just happened to me three times today but so what happens is...

i look down at AA UTG, level 1-3 with everyone still on the table, so i decide to check (probably mistake number 1) hoping for a raise so i can reraise.

everyone folds, blinds call, flop is Axx
blinds both check to me, nothing too threatening out there, maybe a gutshot but i'm not worried.

should i bet? out of the three times i bet twice (3/4 to the pot) and it was folded to me, and then one time i checked, the turn was a 2nd space where the bb raised, i reraised and he called, and last card was another spade.

i was hitting myself over the head with this telling myself slowplay isn't that optimal with a full table early in the tourny, but anyone have any thoughts on how to play this?

11-26-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i look down at AA UTG, level 1-3 with everyone still on the table, so i decide to check (probably mistake number 1) hoping for a raise so i can reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean you limped UTG? I dont see how checking is possible.

And about slowplaying Aces, I hardly ever slow play unless the situation warrants it. I.E. heads up against LAG bluffer etc. and I have a stellar read on what my opponents have.
I ocasionally like to limp UTG hoping for a raise so I can pop it up again, but dont take this line much unless I have a really active table. But about betting, Ill usually bet around half pot if I hit a strong hand like a set with Aces, depending on how many opponents I have behind me, you dont want to offer them correct odds to hit their hand. oh and
Never Check! betting nothing gives ur opponent infinite odds to hit his hand.

durron597
11-26-2005, 08:12 PM
Don't slowplay aces. People only give action with raggy hands when they have two pair or better for the most part... don't try to extract value from the crap hands, extract it from the worse good hands.