PDA

View Full Version : Black Ladies, how's my line?

11-26-2005, 06:26 PM
No reads, new to the table and no PT at this site. Site is fairly tight.

Hero is hijack with QQ

UTG raises,3 folds Villain 3-bets, hero caps, 2 folds, blinds fold UTG folds villain calls.

2 see the flop

10 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

villain bets, hero raises, villain calls

turn 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif

villain bets, hero raises, villain calls

river 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

villain checks, hero bets

TheMainEvent
11-26-2005, 06:27 PM
standard

moose47
11-26-2005, 06:29 PM
Looks good to me. What decisions were you unsure of?

11-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Turn donk, considering he 3-bet pre-flop, made me pause.

What range should I put him on?

Vote4Pedro
11-26-2005, 06:33 PM
I believe African-American is the preferred nomenclature

TheMainEvent
11-26-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to tell from an unknown. But not many players take a line like this with a set or an overpair. I would strongly suspect 88/99 here.

ClaytonN
11-26-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

villain checks, hero bets and yells "OVERPAIR, JIVE TURKEY"

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

11-26-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

villain checks, hero bets and yells "OVERPAIR, JIVE TURKEY"

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I said this...

http://new.wavlist.com/movies/001/apl-dinner.wav

McGahee
11-26-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably the usual AA-TT, AK without a read. You're behind all of these but AK, so I don't know if I like the river bet. Not sure how I feel about the turn raise either - If he has AK great, but that's an odd way for him to play it.

TheMainEvent
11-26-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably the usual AA-TT, AK without a read. You're behind all of these but AK, so I don't know if I like the river bet. Not sure how I feel about the turn raise either - If he has AK great, but that's an odd way for him to play it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't you say that's an odd way for him to play AA-TT too?

11-26-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my thought at the time, but it didn't make sense for anyhand in that range.

So when in doubt bet because betting is more fun, i guess...

This hand didn't feel "standard", I felt a little lost.

Shillx
11-26-2005, 07:34 PM
Why did you raise the turn? It seems like all it can do is put you in a bad spot.

I don't really like his line with a good hand here. His line is also pretty silly for a draw as it is clear by now that we aren't going to fold. A flop check/raise or maybe even a c/c-donk would be better here for something like AA.

Brad

McGahee
11-26-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't you say that's an odd way for him to play AA-TT too?

[/ QUOTE ]

For me it would be, but there are a ton of paranoid MUBS syndrome players who will play KK like this, fearing hero's PF cap and AA. Actually, he doesn't even have to be that paranoid if he's thinking the same thing as me. Don't know if I 3-bet that turn with KK either. I mean, we can argue about how to play KK if we were villian in this spot, but at the end of the day it's a much more likely holding for him than AK.

11-26-2005, 11:22 PM
I don't really like the turn raise. You are basically hoping he has AK, AQ, or AJ, all of which I think are unlikely given the action. I think >50% of the time you are up against AA,KK or worse (JJ,1010), so I really want as few bets as possible going in on the turn/river. So I would just call the turn and river.