PDA

View Full Version : Ya gotta love it! (Incorporates Homer's Notation)

Barry
07-03-2003, 10:29 AM
There continues to be evidence that the new popularity of poker is good for my (and my fellow 2+2’ers) bankroll. Last night, I played simultaneously at PP 5/10 and Party 3/6 for a total of 250 hands winning about $100 (up $130 at PP and down $30 at Party). Here are a few hands that were particularly profitable.

Typical Loose Passive Party 3/6 Full Table

I’m UTG (or B7 in Homer’s notation) with A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

I limp (I know, I know, but I told you it was loose passive), next 2 limp, button (who has $7 left) raises, BB and the rest of us call. 5 to the flop.

Flop is 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif – I check, EP (B5) bets, button calls all-in for his last $1, BB raises, everybody calls.

Turn is Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif – BB bets, I call (going for overcalls, but forgetting for a moment that the button is all-in), EP (B5) calls.

River is Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif – BB bets, I raise, EP (B5) calls, BB call

BB shows A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif for the flopped wheel
EP (B5) shows J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif
All-in button shows 9 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/club.gif
I win 18 BB’s

5/10 PP Moderate Conditions Full Table, I’m not familiar with anyone

I’m on the button with A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

UTG+1 (B6) limps, LP (B2) raises, I 3-bet, BB cold calls, UTG+1 (B6) calls, LP (B2) caps, we all call.

Flop is Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif – Checked to me, I bet, BB, UTG+1 (B6), LP (B2) call

Turn is 2 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif – Check to me again, I bet, BB and UTG+1 (B6) call, preflop capper folds

River is J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif – Check to me, I bet, only BB calls

So what did BB have to call 2 cold from the BB and call me to the river?
T /forums/images/icons/club.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif for a pair of 7’s!

Still PP, 9 handed now

I’m 2 off the button (B2) with Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

I open raise, only CO (B1)calls (recently joined the table).

Flop is J /forums/images/icons/club.gif Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif – Bet, Call

Turn is 3 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif – Bet, Raise(?), Re-raise, Call

River is 4 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif – Bet, Raise(??), Re-raise, Call

After the pot is pushed to me I ask “JJ?” and get no response. When I get the hand history I see that he had 7c 3c. “They were sooted!”

Last Hand

I’m in the CO off the button (B1) with Kd Ts

LP (B2), I and Button (CO from the other hand, who I know now to be a mega fish)

Flop is 9 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif – Checked to the button who bets, all call

Turn is Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif – Bet, Raise, Call, 3-bet, cap, cold call, call

River is 2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif – Bet, raise, button finally gets the message and folds, raise, cap

Of course my opponent shows K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif T /forums/images/icons/spade.gif and we chop, but we trapped the button for 4 BB on the turn.

I can get used to this!