PDA

View Full Version : KK live $8-$16 kill pot. Turn decision

brandon
11-26-2005, 05:30 PM
I get dealt K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif in late posistion during a kill pot.

The killer is a super loose aggressive donkey.

MP1 posts. Ive played alot with him. He is a solid player but not very aggressive.

Folded around to me. I raise. Everyone folds to the killer who is in the SB. He 3 bets. MP1 calls and I cap. Everyone calls.

3.5 BB
Flop:

10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Killer(sb) bets, MP1 calls(this worries me because he knows that I am raising), I raise, Killer 3 bets, MP1 calls, I cap, everyone calls.

9.5 BB
Turn:

7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Killer(sb) checks, MP1 checks, I ?????

cold_cash
11-26-2005, 05:33 PM
You have to bet.

private joker
11-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Did you consider just calling the flop and raising the turn? This is a large pot and with this overpair I think waiting to raise the turn is best.

chesspain
11-26-2005, 06:46 PM
Why would you cap the flop and then not bet that turn brick?

MisterKing
11-26-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you consider just calling the flop and raising the turn? This is a large pot and with this overpair I think waiting to raise the turn is best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, isn't this hand a lot like that "forgo" hand Q-Tip posted a few weeks ago?

brandon
11-26-2005, 07:02 PM
Because of the 2 hearts and 2 connected.

brandon
11-26-2005, 07:03 PM
I got a worried that I was behind in the hand after the flop action

brandon
11-26-2005, 07:05 PM
I checked the turn. I know it was a bad play.

River:
3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

killer checks, MP1 checks, I bet, killer calls, MP1 calls.

private joker
11-26-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why you should wait for the turn. No draws are going anywhere on this flop with this pot size. Make it 2BBs on the turn and gutshots/low flush draws will have a harder time calling.

11-26-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why you should wait for the turn. No draws are going anywhere on this flop with this pot size. Make it 2BBs on the turn and gutshots/low flush draws will have a harder time calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's not gonna be 2BBs on the turn. The flop went bet-call-call, and if the flop bettor leads the turn it will be bet-call-raise, and they will only have to call one more anyway.

So waiting for the turn to raise in order to protect the hand is not possible; though just calling the flop in order to be bet into on the turn and then raising if a blank falls, thus extracting more value - that's certainly an option.

I'd probably raise the flop anyway, while I'm definitely ahead.