PDA

View Full Version : MTH v2.008 Release

OrcaDK
11-26-2005, 05:23 PM
Finally it's ready to release. I was going to release it before the weekend, but Party's beta client kinda ruined that attempt.

# 2.008
# 100% Party beta client support
# Added new tool, "Open SNG"
# Added setup tool, automatically reinstalls old version when installing new one, it keeps your settings
# Added check at setup, enesuring that user has the .NET Framework installed, if not, user will be prompted to download
# Added auto update functionality, MTH will now check for new versions at startup, and automatically donwload & install these
# Added new control option, "Voice Commands"
# Added new option "Allow bet / raise when no amount has been entered", this allows for minbetting without entering an amount
# Fixed a 'bug' where the table bet box would receive focus when clearing the content, now it only receives focus when a new value is entered
# Fixed a bug that made it possible for MTH to be opened several times, resulting in problems
# Fixed a bug where the last action timer would not show any values above 60 seconds

You can get the new version from http://www.multitablehelper.com

Run the .exe inside the zip file to install MTH, this will ensure that you've got the required .NET Framework installed.

To enable voice command support, you have to download the voice addon, look in the preferences for info on this. I will compile some help on the voice command option when i get the time.

- Orca

OrcaDK
11-26-2005, 06:07 PM
It seems that the beta support has made MTH a bit more CPU demanding, i will look into reducing the CPU usage of MTH.

zaphod
11-26-2005, 06:17 PM
Thanks. You are doing a great job. I will not be able to try it in the near future since i am working, but i guess it is great as always.

Pokertini
11-26-2005, 06:46 PM
I've got it running on my system. Do you know if the accuracy improves after use? Occassionally it interprets a "FOLD" when I said, "CALL" If not, I'll have to practice speaking more clearly. At least I'm accidently playing tighter /images/graemlins/smile.gif

OrcaDK
11-26-2005, 06:52 PM
If you have not done so already, you need to open the speech control panel (there's a link in the preferences) and click the Training button. You should run _at least_ two training sessions, other than the first demo training. That'll make sure MTH knows a little about your voice before trying to interpret it /images/graemlins/smile.gif From the same control panel you can also increase the recognition accuracy.

OrcaDK
11-26-2005, 08:43 PM
An emergency release, 2.009, has been sent out.

# 2.009
# Fixed a bug where a player using his timebank caused the table to be picked us as being active

For users already running .008, it should auto update.

SamIAm
11-26-2005, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
An emergency release, 2.009, has been sent out.

[/ QUOTE ]Don't worry about it. That's why you leave room for 1000 updates till you have to release version 3. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks again for the update. Keep up the good work.
-Sam

gila
11-26-2005, 10:58 PM
Hello, I know I should know this, but what exactly does this program do. I see a lot of people mentioning it, but have never seen the specifics of it. I am gathering it has something to do with running tables without a mouse, is this correct?

Thanks for any clarification.

SamIAm
11-27-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hello, I know I should know this, but what exactly does this program do.

[/ QUOTE ]Hey, lookit what I found when I searched (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=software&Number=3789208&S earchpage=1&Main=3787668&Words=%2BMTH+%2Bdescripti on&topic=&Search=true#Post3789208).
-Sam

Degen
11-27-2005, 12:24 PM
i really hate to be the a$$hole who posts this, but i think you deserve it bro

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO CHARGE FOR THIS! JEEZUS THANK YOU!

SuitedSixes
11-29-2005, 02:43 AM
This is quite simply the coolest thing in the world. I bought a microphone to try out the VR stuff, and I have been 10-tabling for three hours without an error. My shoulder, elbow, wrist, and fingers thank you.

Bluff Daddy
11-29-2005, 05:59 AM
now I have to go get a mic, that is awesome

OrcaDK
11-29-2005, 09:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i really hate to be the a$$hole who posts this, but i think you deserve it bro

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO CHARGE FOR THIS! JEEZUS THANK YOU!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

OrcaDK
11-29-2005, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is quite simply the coolest thing in the world. I bought a microphone to try out the VR stuff, and I have been 10-tabling for three hours without an error. My shoulder, elbow, wrist, and fingers thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, very glad to hear that it works so well! People are reporting lots of different results.

The thing with VR is really that i don't have much control. I have not developed the VR engine from the ground up, that would be way too much work. Instead i'm piggy backing on the Microsoft Speech engine, and as such, the actual VR is being done by the Microsoft Speech engine. That's also why it's the Speech control panels settings that change the behaviour of MTH.

Some people are really struggling to get it working, others - like you it seems - make it work without problems.

OrcaDK
11-29-2005, 11:55 AM
I've sent out 2.010, only change is that the expiration date has been increased to give me time to work on the next release /images/graemlins/smile.gif Autoupdate should work, otherwise get it from www.multitablehelper.com (http://www.multitablehelper.com)

SuitedSixes
11-29-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Some people are really struggling to get it working, others - like you it seems - make it work without problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran through three training sessions on the Microsoft Speech engine and then tested it through the "MTH Speech Command Recognition" for 300 words. I am also using a $19.95 microphone that I bought at Wal-Mart.

Now I just need to learn to make an AHK script for my gamepad to play on Absolute, and I will be set.

WarDekar
11-29-2005, 02:05 PM
I haven't used the VR yet, but how extensive is it?

If I'm 10-tabling NL SNGs, can I simply say "Fold," "Check," "Call," "Bet x," "Raise to x," etc.? Or will the VR only work for limit?

11-29-2005, 06:37 PM
When I try to autoupdate, installation can not be finished, because it tells me that it cannot read from the folder because of a network error.
Any suggestions?

OrcaDK
11-29-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I try to autoupdate, installation can not be finished, because it tells me that it cannot read from the folder because of a network error.
Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try downloading the newest version manually from www.multitablehelper.com (http://www.multitablehelper.com) and install it. It'll function as an update if you have it installed already.

imcastleman
11-29-2005, 11:25 PM
I love your original MTH but this new release doesn't bring up the table if you are away. I NEED that to happen otherwise I will blind down to 4th like I did in this tournametn with this one HH below!!! This was just one hand that I folded. I didn't know that I was away from a table until the popup came up asking me if I wanted my tournament hand summary sent to me.

#Game No : 3117703735
***** Hand History for Game 3117703735 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $100 Buy-in + $9 Entry Fee Trny:17841795 Level:5 Blinds(75/150) - Tuesday, November 29, 21:42:12 EDT 2005
Table Table 69188 (Real Money)
Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 3: jnala ( $1715 )
Seat 5: AZZEATER ( $4876 )
Seat 6: aavags23 ( $1350 )
Seat 8: SevnFigures ( $217 )
Seat 10: DPrizzle111 ( $1842 )
Trny:17841795 Level:5
Blinds(75/150)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to SevnFigures [ As Ad ]
>You have options at Table 68251 Table!.
DPrizzle111: wow
aavags23 is all-In [1350]
SevnFigures folds.
DPrizzle111: so XXXXing lucky
DPrizzle111 folds.
>You have options at Table 68251 Table!.
jnala folds.
AZZEATER calls [1200].
>You have options at Table 68316 Table!.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 6h, 3c, 9s ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2s ]
** Dealing River ** [ Kh ]
aavags23 shows [ 5h, Ah ] high card ace.
AZZEATER shows [ Ac, Kd ] a pair of kings.
AZZEATER wins 2775 chips from the main pot with a pair of kings.
aavags23 finished in fifth place.
>You have options at Table 67302 Table!.
aavags23 has left the table.
Game #3117705562 starts.

OrcaDK
11-30-2005, 06:58 AM
If you're away your hand get's auto folded in tourneys, or you're simply sitting out in cash games. Because of this, "action" never get's to you, so MTH wouldn't know it was your turn. The only solution to this is to check the MTH table list and make sure that no tables have timed out (by looking at the 'time since last action').

You can also set it up so that tables where you're away at get's put in a special location, then you'd be able to easily identify those tables.

SippinSoma
11-30-2005, 10:26 AM
Unreal. Thank you.

mosuavea
11-30-2005, 10:57 AM
How does the VR work for NL?

OrcaDK
11-30-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How does the VR work for NL?

[/ QUOTE ]

As in normal MTH usage, there's only one active window at a time. When there's an active table, you can simply say commands like:

bet / raise <- does the same thing, like keyboard controls
check / call <- same as above
fold

To enter amounts, you can do like this:

10 = ten
11 = eleven
21 = two one
100 = one hundred
107 = ten seven (or "one oh seven")
111 = one eleven
120 = one twenty
407 = fourty seven (or "one oh seven")

So in short, the amounts you can use are:

zero - nine
eleven - nineteen
twenty, thirty ... ninety
hundred (appends 00 to the bet amount)
thousand (appends 000 to the bet amount)

What you cannot do is say:
one fourty seven (as in 147), that'll be = 1407
one hundred and twenty (120) = 10020

mosuavea
11-30-2005, 11:15 AM
Cool I plan to give this a shot and see how it goes

FatTony21
11-30-2005, 12:25 PM
Have you made any headway on reducing the CPU overhead of MTH? I've noticed that ever since 2.008, PokerAce is unable to keep up with tables as they are moved to the active location. My guess is the higher CPU use may be the problem.

OrcaDK
11-30-2005, 12:28 PM
Yeah, i found out it was a local issue on my machine. The CPU usage shouldn't have changed noticably. I am looking into the PA / MTH problems.

Pokertini
12-01-2005, 11:55 AM
I commented earlier in this thread that I was having some voice recognition problems. Turns out, my settings in the "Speech" console were screwy. I returned these to default and completed all the voice recognition training sessions. Accuracy is much better for me.

I'm using a motorola bluetooth headset and my setup is working great! Thanks for adding voice recognition.

Pokertini

wildzer0
12-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Since downloading it a few months ago, MTH has become one of my absolute most valuable tools. I second degen, charge for this thing! In the meantime, at least put up some kind of donate link, I'd like to at least show a token of my appreciation.

zaphod
12-01-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since downloading it a few months ago, MTH has become one of my absolute most valuable tools. I second degen, charge for this thing! In the meantime, at least put up some kind of donate link, I'd like to at least show a token of my appreciation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nomad84
12-01-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look under the help menu.

dr_mabuse
12-02-2005, 07:42 AM
hi folks,

just a stupid short question:
what does MTH exactly do?

thanks and bye
dr mabuse

wildzer0
12-02-2005, 02:24 PM
Playing with the VR today, it's amazing. i've been looking for something like this for a while. My only problem now is that I'm scatter brained and keep saying the wrong damn command! I just pushed over the top of two raisers in an SNG with 94o Guess I just like saying "Push" too much. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

mosuavea
12-02-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Playing with the VR today, it's amazing. i've been looking for something like this for a while. My only problem now is that I'm scatter brained and keep saying the wrong damn command! I just pushed over the top of two raisers in an SNG with 94o Guess I just like saying "Push" too much. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

When I get started using this I think I am going to play some 5+1 SNGs or some 25NL so when I am playing the higher stakes I dont make that mistake.

wildzer0
12-02-2005, 04:33 PM
This hand's a pretty funny example of what I mean /images/graemlins/smile.gif

***** Hand History for Game 3132128122 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $50 Buy-in + $5 Entry Fee Trny:17918070 Level:7 Blinds(150/300) - Friday, December 02, 15:26:53 EDT 2005
Table Table 67518 (Real Money)
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: tightwork88 ( $600 )
Seat 4: NOSMO__KING ( $1130 )
Seat 6: wildZer0 ( $1200 )
Seat 9: boothty_op ( $4475 )
Seat 10: smoothham ( $2595 )
Trny:17918070 Level:7
Blinds(150/300)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to wildZer0 [ 8d 4d ]
smoothham folds.
tightwork88 is all-In [600]
>You have options at Table 68115 Table!.
NOSMO__KING is all-In [1130]
wildZer0 is all-In [1050]
boothty_op: haha
boothty_op: well
boothty_op: good odds
boothty_op calls [900].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Qh, 7d, Ts ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 5s ]
** Dealing River ** [ 6d ]
wildZer0 shows [ 8d, 4d ] a straight, four to eight.
boothty_op shows [ Qs, Ac ] a pair of queens.
tightwork88 shows [ Qc, Tc ] two pairs, queens and tens.
NOSMO__KING shows [ Kh, Kc ] a pair of kings.
wildZer0 wins 140 chips from side pot #2 with a straight, four to eight.
wildZer0 wins 1590 chips from side pot #1 with a straight, four to eight.
wildZer0 wins 2400 chips from the main pot with a straight, four to eight.
tightwork88 finished in fifth place.
NOSMO__KING finished in fourth place.
nh
tightwork88 has left the table.
NOSMO__KING has left the table.

tinga81
12-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Hi,

I am new to your software, and have found it very useful for the short period of time that I have been using it.

I have not figured out how to properly setup the keyboard bet/raise/fold hotkeys, and wondering if I am missing a step that is involved.

I am going to Options > Preferances, Under the Behavior tab, I have the Enable keyboard controls box checked in the lower section. When I go to the Keyboard controls, I have made the PageDown as Bet, End as Check/Call, and Insert as the Fold. I am not using the last 3 options, and they are set to the default values.

Is that all that is necessary?

Otherwise, it's a nice program. I can't wait to try out the voice commands (after I get a mic). I would like to suggest that you add a "Table Rehash" button, or dropdown from the menu. I find that while I am waiting for another table to popup that there will be holes on the screen where tables used to be. It would be nice to have them snap back to another missing area on the screen (see example).

Instead of >> it would revert to (X = table, o = open)
XX oX >> XX Xo
oX Xo >> XX oo

Good job, and keep up the good work.

zaphod
12-03-2005, 12:07 AM
Does anybody have any advice on which microphone to buy? I don't plan to use it for anything else than poker.

12-03-2005, 12:40 AM
Can anyone using the speech recognition (properly) tell me if it helps to avoid over betting or pushing all-in ? I ask because I do overbet occasionally and go all in a bit too quickly sometimes, so I just wonder if those tendencies maybe tempered a little by voicing the commands as opposed to sliding and clicking. Of course it could be that it exaggerates them. Any feedback appreciated.

Thx.

SuitedSixes
12-03-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone using the speech recognition (properly) tell me if it helps to avoid over betting or pushing all-in ? I ask because I do overbet occasionally and go all in a bit too quickly sometimes, so I just wonder if those tendencies maybe tempered a little by voicing the commands as opposed to sliding and clicking. Of course it could be that it exaggerates them. Any feedback appreciated.

Thx.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's pretty easy.

For no limit to raise, I say the amount I want to bet followed by the word "raise."

Example:
ONE POINT FIVE RAISE

To go all in I just say:
PUSH

I have used the pre-programmed amounts for raises (in my case I use it on how many limpers are in). For example:

To raise 1.25, I say,

UNO RAISE (where UNO makes an automatic 1.25 bet)

For no limit, to bet a specific amount, you just say the amount followed by 'bet.'

Example:
5 BET

As for the microphone question:
I just bought one for $15 A Wal-Mart that works like a champ.

12-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Thx suited sixes, appreciated your reply because I did wonder how it actually worked but what I meant in my original post (but maybe didn't get across) was, is it more or less likely to make you overbet or bet quicker than with a mouse.

The reason for wondering this is because with a mouse you are using only visual cues but when having to voice a command your obviously accessing a different part of the brain and I wondered if this made a difference. Perhaps making betting faster or slower. Initially I thought it might help to slow me down a bit but thinking about it I'm not so sure. Speaking comes so naturally to us that to blurt out 'push' (or whatever you programme) might just be a little too easy. Any thoughts ?

SuitedSixes
12-03-2005, 05:11 PM
No, I think that the betting process is actually slower, just because you are watching the amounts go in more slowly.

12-03-2005, 11:55 PM
N1 Suited sixes thats good to hear as I need slowing down a bit. Think I'll at least give it a try now.

OrcaDK
12-04-2005, 12:46 PM
I just put out .011. Nothing major, just fixes a couple of performance bugs. Should be available through auto update. If that somehow fails, get it by downlading the update manually from www.multitablehelper.com (http://www.multitablehelper.com)

BeerMoney
12-05-2005, 10:38 AM
Hi, I get the following error when trying to unzip:

Unable to locate application file 'SetupUpdate.msi'.

See the setup log file located at 'C:\DOCUME~1\...\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD9.tmp\install.lo g' for more information.

Any help would be appreciated.. I've tried deleting and starting over, but that doesn't seem to help.

TYVM.

OrcaDK
12-05-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Hi, I get the following error when trying to unzip:

Unable to locate application file 'SetupUpdate.msi'.

See the setup log file located at 'C:\DOCUME~1\...\LOCALS~1\Temp\VSD9.tmp\install.lo g' for more information.

Any help would be appreciated.. I've tried deleting and starting over, but that doesn't seem to help.

TYVM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this happening when using auto update, or when downloading the zip file manually? When did it happen, just now? If you already have the .NET 2.0 framework installed, try running the .MSI file instead of the .EXE file.

matt hooley
12-05-2005, 02:35 PM
I have a question.
I'm considering getting a gamepad to set up for multitabling and I just came accross MTH.
Q: Using MTH and a gamepad is it still necesarry to go through the ordeal of setting up an AutoHotKey script or can I program the gamepad to work directly with MTH?

OrcaDK
12-05-2005, 02:46 PM
I really can't say as i don't have a gamepad myself to test with. But if the gamepad driver can be setup to simulate keyboard presses when you use the gamepad, it should be possible.

New York Jet
12-05-2005, 10:56 PM
No need for the AutoHotKey script if you get a programmable gamepad. I use an old Gravis Gamepad Pro. It looks like a Playstation controller and has red, yellow, green, and blue buttons that work great for Fold, Call, Raise, and Push, respectively.

12-06-2005, 04:06 AM
Is installing NET.Framework 2.0 an absolute prerequisite to installing MTH 2.08 and later versions? Will NET.Framework 2.0 change or modify how the Windows XP Pro OS appears or functions other than when running MTH?

I remember that for one of your earlier released MTH versions, you either recommended or required an enabling application (WinRAR) that changed a few things in the Windows OS to where most of the other computer programs would also run through WinRAR. I was happy to delete WinRAR after you posted it was no longer required.

I may have some version of NET.Framework on my PC as I still have one of the early versions of MTH (pre border bold feature)in a C: drive folder that still works. The newer MTH version on my PC is "timed out" and prompts for an update reinstall but wants NET.Framework installed first. Will you answer for the masses-- What is NET.Framework? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

OrcaDK
12-06-2005, 06:01 AM
Yes, .NET 2.0 is a prerequisite to run MTH, you cannot run it without it. .NET does NOT change your system in any way, it's simply an addon that allows you to run applications that have been developed using .NET, this goes for both .NET 1.1 and 2.0.

WinRAR had nothing to do with .NET. WinRAR was simply a way for me to compress the files so you only had to download a single file, instead of multiple files. Even then, the .NET framework still had to be installed. If you wish, you can remove the .NET framework when you're done using MTH, it won't leave any traces.

95% of the errors i got from users where because they hadn't read any of the threads saying it needed the .NET framework, so i made sure the installer downloaded and installed it for them (admitted, there isn't much info either).

Here are two official pages describing .NET:
http://www.microsoft.com/net/basics.mspx

[Download page]:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...;DisplayLang=en (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&DisplayLang=en)

Timer
12-06-2005, 02:18 PM
These questions pertain to the cascade option on Party's new beta system. If I have multiple tables going, and then a table pops up requiring my action, when I go to bet raise or fold another table will pop up, and then another also requiring my action. Is there a way I can make the program wait until I have completed the action on the first table before others take their turn? It would make things go much smoother.

Another problem is with new tables. If I am on the waiting list for a table and I'm playing multiple games, when a seat comes open that table will pop up. But if I don't take the seat very quickly (again using the cascading feature) then it goes away not to come back. If I can't find it in time I won't get the seat. I know I can make the new table pop up in a different location, but there are two problems with this:

1. It pops up too low on my screen and part of the table is hidden by the windows tool bar

2. I'd prefer to have the table remain in the que, let me take the seat, and then go on to the next decision in the que. This problem is somewhat related to the first problem above.

Thanks.

SuitedSixes
12-06-2005, 02:37 PM
Has anyone else noticed a considerable lag with the newest upgrade (2.011)? The tables don't appear in the active area as quickly and it takes some time for my mouse clicks to register. The situation gets worse the longer I play.

MaxPower
12-07-2005, 01:01 AM
This voice recognition is incredible. It works perfectly.

Bluff Daddy
12-07-2005, 06:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone else noticed a considerable lag with the newest upgrade (2.011)? The tables don't appear in the active area as quickly and it takes some time for my mouse clicks to register. The situation gets worse the longer I play.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive definitely noticed the time it takes the mouse clicks to register

OrcaDK
12-07-2005, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ive definitely noticed the time it takes the mouse clicks to register

[/ QUOTE ]

I will look into the suboptimal performance as soon as i get the time /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SuitedSixes
12-07-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will look into the suboptimal performance as soon as i get the time /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for all of your efforts. Would it be possible to post a link to V2.010 so we can roll back?

imported_bingobazza
12-07-2005, 01:22 PM
More awesome than before....Ive just downloaded the voice command and gone through the voice tests. What do people suggest as the uno, dos, tres commands...Im thinking tres for push, uno for half pot, and dos for pot...would/does that work for the NL players already using it?

Giddily

Bingo

SuitedSixes
12-07-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
More awesome than before....Ive just downloaded the voice command and gone through the voice tests. What do people suggest as the uno, dos, tres commands...Im thinking tres for push, uno for half pot, and dos for pot...would/does that work for the NL players already using it?

Giddily

Bingo

[/ QUOTE ]

"Push" works for what you would think it would.
I use "uno" for the amount I use against 1 limper, "dos" for two limpers, etc.

Rob Blackburn
12-07-2005, 08:24 PM
I have a $35 Logitech headset mic after doing all training I am still getting ghost raises periodically. I actually think its movement from the mic that is causing it.

Stay away form the this mic I guess.

MaxPower
12-08-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a $35 Logitech headset mic after doing all training I am still getting ghost raises periodically. I actually think its movement from the mic that is causing it.

Stay away form the this mic I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried 2 different mics and I am also getting a few mystery bets and raises. Some of these happen when I blow into the mic or unconsciously let out a sigh or "tsk" sound. I seems to interpret these sounds as "Bet". A couple happend for reasons that I can't explain.

With practice, I should get better at it, and it already works very well.

OrcaDK
12-08-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Giddily

Bingo

[/ QUOTE ]

"Push" works for what you would think it would.
I use "uno" for the amount I use against 1 limper, "dos" for two limpers, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just in case you haven't noticed, you can chance those presets to any command you wish. You don't have to use "uno/dos/tres", i just put those in since i had to enter something /images/graemlins/smile.gif

On another note. How many are experiencing lag in the latest version? Any specific circumstances? How severe? Are you using the beta / normal client (is it better/worse when using beta)?

LesJ
12-08-2005, 12:35 PM
I have not noticed a lag since the new update. I am using a mouse still and the normal Party (not the beta), while 7 tabling.
On a different note, how does background noise affect the microphone and voice recognition system? I have two children that run around and I am usually listening to music while playing. What impact would this have on the ability to accurately play?
Thanks!
Les

OrcaDK
12-08-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have not noticed a lag since the new update. I am using a mouse still and the normal Party (not the beta), while 7 tabling.
On a different note, how does background noise affect the microphone and voice recognition system? I have two children that run around and I am usually listening to music while playing. What impact would this have on the ability to accurately play?
Thanks!
Les

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually in my experience it doesn't have much effect, at least not having the music playing. You can try it out when doing the test, have the children scream some commands in the background /images/graemlins/smile.gif

And remember, training, training and more training is what makes the wheels go around (as in training by using the speech control panel /images/graemlins/wink.gif).

12-08-2005, 08:22 PM
I played around with the voice commands using my bluetooth headset. I trained twice. Somtimes in complete silence it will either raise to 6 or push. This is not a good thing. If I do all the training sessions will this stop happening or is the headset to good of a microphone?

theredwave
12-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Awesome program, only problem is I told my bastard roommates why I bought a headset so now they yell "RAISE" whenever they pass by my door. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Pokertini
12-08-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I do all the training sessions will this stop happening or is the headset to good of a microphone?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you might benefit by completing the voice recognition training sessions. There is also an option under "speech" where you can adjust pronunciation and accuracy sensitivity. Initially, I had similar problems but not since tweaking.

12-09-2005, 01:19 AM
I'd like to hear some names of microphones that people are finding work well. (1 blue tooth headset, noted). Thanks.

SuitedSixes
12-09-2005, 04:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Awesome program, only problem is I told my bastard roommates why I bought a headset so now they yell "RAISE" whenever they pass by my door. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

Pokertini
12-09-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to hear some names of microphones that people are finding work well. (1 blue tooth headset, noted). Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm using a Motorloa HS850 headset (also bluetooth) which is working well.

12-09-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm using a Motorloa HS850 headset (also bluetooth) which is working well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never used a headset. This needs to be recharged every few hours, I guess. Can that be done while you are using it or do you need to place it in a recharger?

Are there any drawbacks to a simple wired head set microphone?

12-09-2005, 03:16 PM
I found a category of gaming headset microphones for use with voice recognition. Is this necessary or superior to standard microphones? They are 50$
http://www.emicrophones.com/microphones/prod_details.asp?prodID=006

Also, do you recommend something that is usb connected, or the tiny round microphone port?

Thanks

OrcaDK
12-09-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I found a category of gaming headset microphones for use with voice recognition. Is this necessary or superior to standard microphones? They are 50$
http://www.emicrophones.com/microphones/prod_details.asp?prodID=006

Also, do you recommend something that is usb connected, or the tiny round microphone port?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you're loaded, i'd think those microphones are probably overkill. Any microphone delivering good clear sound ought to be fine. A better microphone does without doubt result in better voice recognition, but at a certain point, the added prize does not correspond to the added quality in the voice recognition.

Regarding USB/Mini jack, it shouldn't make a difference.

BigBrother
12-09-2005, 05:00 PM
The drawback is simply tripping over the wires/ pulling them out of the plug when you move around.

I have not researched the bluetooth headsets, but I was thinking of going that route if it was practical to use the same headset for both PC and cellphone.

I could see recharge being an issue for long sessions but I suppose a backup wired headset or standalone mic would take care of that.

I used a Plantronics wired headset a while back that worked well and was a good deal at the time from Newegg.

Really though I'm thinking a headset is not ideal for long poker sessions and a lightweight wearable mic would be better (more comfortable).

OrcaDK
12-09-2005, 09:22 PM
I've sent out 2.012. This version should fix the lag issues, it includes some major performance fixes. It should be available via auto update. If not, use www.multitablehelper.com (http://www.multitablehelper.com)

SuitedSixes
12-10-2005, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've sent out 2.012. This version should fix the lag issues, it includes some major performance fixes. It should be available via auto update. If not, use www.multitablehelper.com (http://www.multitablehelper.com)

[/ QUOTE ]

You Da Man!

BigBrother
12-10-2005, 03:48 AM
Minor issue with your auto-update.

I place the launch Icon in the lower left section of the taskbar. When MTH updates, it replaces the Icon on the desktop, but clicking the Icon on the taskbar gives an error until I delete that Icon and replace it with the new one.

Like I said, it's a very minor issue. I've not tested the new version yet other than to fire it up, but so far so good.

Thanks!!

golfcchs
12-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Really great program. I especially like the new option to have it auto sit you at tables. I was wondering if you could make it so this feature does not sit you at seat 4 (counting form the right of the dealer) because over the course of a SNG the game number pops up there and obscures you chip stack.

stupidsucker
12-10-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Really great program. I especially like the new option to have it auto sit you at tables. I was wondering if you could make it so this feature does not sit you at seat 4 (counting form the right of the dealer) because over the course of a SNG the game number pops up there and obscures you chip stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree... for now I just manualy chose a new seat if I am in #4.

Is there a way to get rid of those table reminders?

SuitedSixes
12-10-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go into your /images folder and resize the table_options file to 1 pix x 1 pix and it will never bother you again.

12-10-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Go into your /images folder and resize the table_options file to 1 pix x 1 pix and it will never bother you again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you able to resize poker tables?!

12-11-2005, 03:02 AM
This is a wonderful utility!

I've been trying it for a couple of days. Some notes for anyone who is thinking of trying it:

1) It isn't just for multi-tabling. If you prefer keyboarding to mousing then you'll probably appreciate this program when playing at one table.

2) Though there's no help file it is easy to use. Short descriptions of most of the options pop up when you hover your mouse over the option.

3) Experiment freely with the options. I've tried a lot of them and all worked. It is easy to change things back if you don't like the effect after trying something. (Caveat - I don't have multiple monitors so didn't try anything relating to them.)

4) If you don't already have .NET 2 installed, don't worry about doing it during this program's installation. These components come from Microsoft, are entirely safe, and you'll be needing them soon anyway. Upcoming versions of Internet Explorer, Office, and other stuff will require them.

5) I'm comfortable that MTH doesn't contain any malware. (My apologies OrcaDK, I'm the paranoid type.) I've run it with my firewall blocking it from the net and the only attempt I see it make to talk to the world outside my computer is when launched, it checks then with its home site to see whether a newer version exists.

OrcaDK, I have some suggestions in case they're useful:

a) If you intend to one day sell this as shareware, I'd say you are ready anytime. I think it is worth money in its current state.

b) Perhaps change the name to something which isn't specific to multi-tabling. Although multi-tablers need something like this most, I think there are probably single table players who will be glad to have it, it has benefits for them too. Maybe just "Poker Table Handler" or "Poker Table Interface"?

c) I found voice input a tad unreliable even after I did a fair bit of training. Not much, but profit margins are slim and 99% recognition isn't high enough for my taste. Something I think might help is removing a large part of the vocabularly, totally or as an option. For example, I doubt that any amount of training will ever get the recognition rate over 98% between "sixteen" and "sixty". It is just going to screw up sometimes. So I won't use those at all. I'm happy to say "one six". I imagine the accuracy rate is better the smaller the vocabulary, so removing words like that entirely could improve the hit rate on what's left. For my purposes I'd be happy with a vocabulary of "fold", "call", "check", "bet", "oh", "one" thru "nine", "point", and "clear". Don't need anything else, would prefer nothing else around to potentially confuse it. Particulary, I'd prefer not having "push". I haven't had that mistake happen but have visions of saying "shhh" to someone beside me and finding I'm allin. I'd rather spell out the amount or use the keyboard than have the possibility of an accidental push.

d) There's one thing I've hit a number of times (once or twice per hour at a guess) which looks like a bug. I wish I could be specific about what causes it but every time it has hit I was multi-tabling and only saw the result of the problem. The problem is that an extra digit gets entered in the amount field. E.g. I'll type . 7 5 and look at the onscreen bet button before posting the bet only to see "7.75". (I always look before posting now because I had a couple of accidents) It usually seems to be that one of the digits I type gets entered twice, though not always consecutively as shown in that example where the "." intervened. I've had it happen from the keyboard and from voice input. I don't know how you are trapping and sending keystrokes so just a wild speculation here - might there be a case where a key gets sent directly to the Party client as well as getting trapped by MTH? The only other things I can think of to mention: I suspect it happens mostly or only when I'm typing quickly (e.g. the "." and "7" were probably typed very quickly); I'm running Windows 2000 (probably immaterial.) I will keep watching and hope to discover some clue as to what is triggering this.

e) Related to above, a keyboard shortcut for the voice command "clear" would be handy at times.

f) I suggest changing the default keyboard shortcuts to special keys, no regular text keys for any of them. The reason is to make chatting more possible. I don't chat much while multi-tabling but occasionally there's a question I want to respond to. With the keyboard shortcuts set to things like "b" etc, chatting while using MTH can have unfortunate consequences. BTW, the keyboard assignements I'm now using for the three main functions are based on the arrow cluster and I'm finding this very comfortable: left.arrow = fold, right.arrow = check (and therefore also call of course), up.arrow = bet (and therefore also raise.) This layout lets me have one hand stay at that location and handle most of the action with three fingers.

g) Related to the above, a keyboard assignment to temporarily suspend MTH would be useful. While suspended some visual signal (e.g. different border color for active Party window) should be displayed. During this time MTH would not respond to nor do anything until unsuspended. The same key could be used as a toggle to unsuspend. I'd find this useful for pausing a moment to to quickly complete a chat message or to mark some table(s) "deal me out" before being whisked away to the next table.

h) I'd find a "deal me out on all tables" key useful. When ready to take a break it would be nice to push one button to stop after all current hands instead of having to chase around all the windows and mark each manually when time permits.

i) One last idea for more keyboard shortcut functions: I think I'd find it useful to be able to designate a lot (12 would be a nice number) of keys to specific bet amounts. I'd then assign F1 thru F12 to bet from 1 to 12 bb's and would seldom have to key in amounts at all.

Please just take all of the above as fodder for your ongoing thinking! None of it is meant as criticism and none of it is needed. MTH is a great utility as is. And a very impressively clean and smooth one for this stage of development. You probably have lots of thoughts already as to what you want to do next, I just wanted to throw out these ideas in case some appeal to you.

OrcaDK
12-11-2005, 06:33 PM
Hey SleepingDragon

Thanks for your very good post! Glad to hear you like MTH, and i really appreciate all your suggestions. Now, if only i had the time to implement everything /images/graemlins/smile.gif

OrcaDK
12-11-2005, 10:44 PM
I've made a very quick website explaining with MTH is/does, how to get it and a tutorial explaining most features of MTH.

If you find any errors, anything you think ought not to be on the website / the opposite, please say so.

www.multitablehelper.com (http://www.multitablehelper.com)

wildzer0
12-12-2005, 12:55 AM
The site looks great. I wanted to make one suggestion. I use the open SNG feature quite a bit, and it's great except for one thing. If you're not quick enough to click the confirm checkbox and the ok button, you get an error message on the next table that pop ups when it tries to seat you. An option to automatically confirm when you open sngs would be much appreciated.

swiftrhett
12-12-2005, 03:59 AM
I just started using MTH for the first time today because of the "open sng" feature. I also think an auto confirm option would be great.

Now I only need 4 buttons and the number pad to play these things. This seems great. I'm searching around for a good joystick or some sort of input system to use with this.

pergesu
12-12-2005, 06:36 AM
Oh man this ish is SWEET! Not sure why I've waited this long to check it out.

Anyway here are my requests /images/graemlins/smile.gif
1. Let me choose what seat I want to sit in. I only like one seat..but maybe others like more so they could specify 1-3 or something like that. I'd be happy with choosing only one seat though.

2. The Open SNG window always goes up to the top left of my main screen, regardless of whether I move it somewhere else. I'd like it to return to the same spot when I open it (assuming I've previously moved and closed it).

3. Allow it to buyin automatically to my SNGs. I understand why it doesn't do it by default, but maybe have an option in the Open SNG dialog.

4. Make a "one click" buyin thing from the context menu. Basically instead of opening the Open SNG buyin window, I'd like there to be a button that comes up when I right-click the icon in the toolbar. This would use my preferences in the Open SNG window to buy me into some games. To reduce mistakes, it'd say what it's going to do like "NLHE(1)" to auto buy in to 1 NL tourney, "PLHE(4)" to buyin to 4 PLHE games, etc.

Those are the things I'd like to see. This is already really sweet, those would make it perfect for me. And yeah..I'd pay /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ferb
12-12-2005, 02:30 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

how is this done. i opened my partypoker/images file and then what? also is this what needs to be done to shrink sidebet bar and bj icon. thanks.

SuitedSixes
12-12-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how is this done. i opened my partypoker/images file and then what? also is this what needs to be done to shrink sidebet bar and bj icon. thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit the .bmp with an editing program like paint or photoshop and resize it, then save.

pergesu
12-12-2005, 08:56 PM
Oh something else, when I bust out of a tourney I'd like the window to automatically close. It can be ahrd trying to find the right one to close when they're moving all over the place. Plus I'd like it to just get out of my way and open up a new one so I don't feel too bad /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LesJ
12-12-2005, 09:19 PM
<<Oh something else, when I bust out of a tourney I'd like the window to automatically close. >>
Great Idea! Maybe one of the "preferences" could be "send hand history - yes or no?"
Great program. . .thanks!
Les

12-13-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd be happy with a vocabulary of "fold", "call", "check", "bet", "oh", "one" thru "nine", "point", and "clear". Don't need anything else, would prefer nothing else around to potentially confuse it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

It appears that if any sound is detected the voice command software will interpret it as a command, rather than reject it as unknown. For example, when my headset rubs againt my chair, or the heater comes on. Is it possible increase the rejection rate? I would rather enter the command twice occassionally, than make a reraise in the SB with T2o (as I did tonight). (Speaking of which, I don't know how this mini raise was able to happen as I do not have this box checked: "Allow bet/raise when no amount...entered").

Would it be useful/reasonable to add a fail-safe option before executing commands? For example, the command/number that MTH is about to execute could pop up in a window and we would respond with "yes" or "no". "No", would result in the action being cleared, and we then start over with the command.

12-13-2005, 03:22 AM
I'm having problems with the voice control. I tried 3-tabling and immediately I was miniraising at all 3 tables. I have no idea why. No background sound. My practice sessions went fine, and I shouldn't be able to mini raise b/c I don't have that option checked.

swiftrhett
12-13-2005, 04:43 AM
I say just give up on voice control. I've never seen anyone get it to work for anything.

12-13-2005, 04:38 PM
Orca, is MTH still compatible with the Eurobet now that it moved to the ONGAME network?

12-13-2005, 05:23 PM
I downloaded MTH last night and used it to play a couple SNGs. Overall the program works pretty well but I have a couple complaints/suggestions:

1. In NL if I enter a bet amount in the textbox, MTH won't let me erase the value that I put in there. Say I enter 100 as a raise, then before I raise I decide that I want to raise 200 instead. It won't let me erase the 100 value that I put in there. I have to close MTH to erase the value so I can change it to 200.

2. The fold hotkey only works when its my turn for action. It would be nice if it would check the fold box for me as well so that I don't have to wait until its my turn to fold.

3. Feature suggestion -- it would be nice if there was a feature that would automatically click on the time bank button when playing a SNG on Party. A lot of times I have to get up to go to the bathroom or get a drink and it would be nice to have that extra time to make it back to the table. It sucks making it back to your computer to see AA only to have it time out before I can click /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Thanks for all the work on this program!

OrcaDK
12-13-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Orca, is MTH still compatible with the Eurobet now that it moved to the ONGAME network?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately not, they're using the PokerRoom client now, totally different from Party Poker /images/graemlins/frown.gif

OrcaDK
12-13-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I downloaded MTH last night and used it to play a couple SNGs. Overall the program works pretty well but I have a couple complaints/suggestions:

1. In NL if I enter a bet amount in the textbox, MTH won't let me erase the value that I put in there. Say I enter 100 as a raise, then before I raise I decide that I want to raise 200 instead. It won't let me erase the 100 value that I put in there. I have to close MTH to erase the value so I can change it to 200.

2. The fold hotkey only works when its my turn for action. It would be nice if it would check the fold box for me as well so that I don't have to wait until its my turn to fold.

3. Feature suggestion -- it would be nice if there was a feature that would automatically click on the time bank button when playing a SNG on Party. A lot of times I have to get up to go to the bathroom or get a drink and it would be nice to have that extra time to make it back to the table. It sucks making it back to your computer to see AA only to have it time out before I can click /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Thanks for all the work on this program!

[/ QUOTE ]

1)
The backspace button should work, i have'nt heard of MTH causing you not to be able to clear the bet box.

2)
This has not been implemented on purpose yet. There are simply too many complications that could arise, i might come up with some other solution though.

3)
I really don't think i wan't to implement this. I want to make MTH stand out from any bots, automatically clicking this button would make MTH make decisions for you, and act for you, resulting in a bot.

golfcchs
12-14-2005, 01:35 AM
Been playing around with you great program and one little bug I noticed is that occasionally when I push P to go all in, it only mini raises. Also I was wondering if it would be possible to make it so you could use the arrow key to switch around the table that is highlighted so you could select fold right when you are dealt cards. Other than that really great program it is greatly appreciated.

12-14-2005, 02:02 AM
Orca, would it be possible to add keys to the key command by depressing them rather than choosing them from a list (as now)? I would like to add some of my game pad keys (logitech rumblepad). I use them through an AHK script but this not nearly as smooth as MTH. Game pads are becoming increasingly popular it seems and are a natural tool for multi-tabling.

12-14-2005, 02:20 AM
i just discovered the move cursor to active table function. this really solves my problem.

12-14-2005, 02:39 AM
To prevent errors it would be useful to have the option to use voice commands to enter numbers, but not the buttons that complete the action. This would still be very useful b/c the numbers are the slowest step. There could be no accidental action if the buttons were not under voice command.

swiftrhett
12-14-2005, 03:58 AM
I have had it minraise when I pressed p too. big problem.

[ QUOTE ]
Been playing around with you great program and one little bug I noticed is that occasionally when I push P to go all in, it only mini raises. Also I was wondering if it would be possible to make it so you could use the arrow key to switch around the table that is highlighted so you could select fold right when you are dealt cards. Other than that really great program it is greatly appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

12-14-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

1)
The backspace button should work, i have'nt heard of MTH causing you not to be able to clear the bet box.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played around with this a little more last night and here's what I found. The backspace key does work. However, usually when I want to clear my amount, I double click on the number so that it highlights the whole string, then I hit backspace once to delete the whole thing. This doesn't work using MTH as it won't let me delete the value.

[ QUOTE ]

3)
I really don't think i wan't to implement this. I want to make MTH stand out from any bots, automatically clicking this button would make MTH make decisions for you, and act for you, resulting in a bot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess implementing this would be pushing the line between a helper program and a bot. I guess I might have to write this on my own then /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

swiftrhett
12-14-2005, 05:57 PM
This Push bug happened again. I can't use this till that is fixed.

12-15-2005, 04:09 AM
Or do I have uninstall an older version first?

OrcaDK
12-15-2005, 05:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Or do I have uninstall an older version first?

[/ QUOTE ]

In what regards? You should be able to simply start the newest installer, it should automatically replace the older version - unless you're running one of the early beta's.

12-15-2005, 10:59 PM
I think I do have a beta version since it looks nothing like the tutorial. I'll remove the older version and then install. Thanks for the great app!