PDA

View Full Version : aggressive blind play

Cancuk
11-26-2005, 05:20 PM
sb is 43/11/1 over small sample. not good.
UTG is 20/15/2 over 400. thats all i know.
Table is really loose and bad (outside of UTG). No PT stats on the rest.

PP 5/10

Hero has 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the BB.

UTG limps, MP limps, CO folds, button limps, sb completes, hero checks.

flop: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

sb bets, hero raises (?), UTG calls, MP folds, Button folds, sb calls.

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

sb checks, hero bets (?), UTG folds, button calls, sb calls.

River: the river isn't that interesting...

so what do you do on a scare river, ie. face card, 7, heart? bet fold, check call? who pays off the river and what do you pay off and what don't you?

also...what do you think of the flop/turn? and what do you do if the turn is a overcard/heart?

cheers.

SlantNGo
11-26-2005, 05:35 PM
The flop is okay IMO. This board isn't hitting many players. UTG calling is not a comforting sight however. The pot is about 5 BB on the turn if I did my math right, so I think firing another shot at it is okay, I mean, we still do have top pair, and for all we know, these guys could just be drawing to overcards and maybe a gutshot, so we want them to make another unprofitable call on the turn.

I check the river behind... you're not doing too well against a hand that would call you on the river.

Wait... Did Button call or fold the flop? I'm assuming Button folded the flop. If Button called, then I'm less inclined to bet the turn.

11-26-2005, 05:40 PM
I like the flop and turn. Would have played it the same.

That board may have hit a limper playing Ax or Kxs, but probably missed folks. I think you're usually up against overcards, and flush and straight draws.

That said, if the turn had been >=T, I might bet-fold. If I get to the river, I want to see a showdown. With this board, there aren't many cards that I like other than an 8, so I think I'll c-c just about anything.

Ed Miller
11-26-2005, 05:43 PM
Unless you have reason to believe that SB is specifically probably NOT betting a better eight, I fold to the flop bet. With fewer opponents behind you, my play changes.

Cancuk
11-26-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unless you have reason to believe that SB is specifically probably NOT betting a better eight, I fold to the flop bet. With fewer opponents behind you, my play changes.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what i've seen of the SB (a very limited amount), he's betting out any piece of the board, flush draw, or straight draw.

Ed Miller
11-26-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From what i've seen of the SB (a very limited amount), he's betting out any piece of the board, flush draw, or straight draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, here's what I see:

1. The pot is small.
2. You have four opponents, three of whom are yet to act.
3. You have a hand that might be best now, but is extremely vulnerable and is almost entirely unable to improve.
4. You could get pushed around by someone on a draw.

I'm not saying insta-fold. But things are bleak, and even in the best of circumstances (SB bets with anything) your hand isn't hot.