PDA

View Full Version : flopped overpair OOP...

sweet wicking action
11-26-2005, 04:59 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)
The player UTG has been playing very loose passive, something along the lines of 50/1/.5. MP3 has been fairly solid, and the Button is new to the table, this is his first orbit, and I have no reads on him.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

My initial feeling was that I should fold this hand, but then, I like to see flops, cause I've got no discipline. How is my line from here on?

Flop: (15.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

River: (13.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

11-26-2005, 05:06 PM
I would fold preflop, otherwise it looks okay. What would you do if you got raised on the turn/river?

sweet wicking action
11-26-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold preflop, otherwise it looks okay. What would you do if you got raised on the turn/river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would probably call down like a scared little girl. Or a scared little boy. I would call down like a small, terrified child of indeterminate gender. And then afterward, I'd feel used and sad.

Nick C
11-26-2005, 05:24 PM
When MP3 bets into the preflop 3-bettor, I think that's usually going to be an overpair. My guess (given that he folded later) is that this time it was overs plus a flush draw instead. Sometimes it'll just be overs, but I wouldn't expect that as often.

I don't know what the hell Button had. But now that there's only one preflop raiser left in the hand with you, I guess you might as well checkraise. You're probably behind (and you are only approximately a coin flip versus overs and a flush draw), but you'd like to get it heads-up if you happen to be currently ahead.

The rest of the hand looks good.

I think the preflop call is all right. Four other players are in, and since you're the BB you can enter the pot at a discount. Just keep in mind that there's a good chance you'll need to flop a set to win.

When there's a non-steal raise and a 3-bet before the action gets to me and I'm not in the BB, what I usually do is fold JJ and worse.

11-26-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the preflop call is all right. Four other players are in, and since you're the BB you can enter the pot at a discount. Just keep in mind that there's a good chance you'll need to flop a set to win.

When there's a non-steal raise and a 3-bet before the action gets to me and I'm not in the BB, what I usually do is fold JJ and worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with a discount (with the BB) and four other players in the pot I personally feel the call is pretty marginal, considering there's a decent chance/risk of a cap behind us, and the implied odds goes way down with the pot already being so large.

Or, it's just me being way too weak. /images/graemlins/smile.gif