PDA

View Full Version : NL: calling, then folding a draw with 15 outs

Al_Capone_Junior
07-03-2003, 10:09 AM
50c-1.00 blinds $100 game on stars. I have 6d2d and get a free play in the BB after two ep limpers and SB completes.

Flop 8d 3d 5s. Gutshot and a flush draw. SB bets $3, I call, UTG calls, other folds.

Turn 9d. Picked up a double belly buster and three more outs. SB now bets $10. I fold.

Reasoning:

On the flop, it's certainly likely I'd get paid off enough to justify calling. With twelve outs and only three opponents, my draws would likely be good, even tho none is to the nuts. On the turn, my extra three outs aren't worth much because the top end of the DBB would be too obvious, and unlikely to get paid off. The big thing tho is that it was now getting pretty expensive, and with flushes being more obvious than straights, my implied odds weren't good enough (IMO) to justify calling $10.

Comments?

al

p.s. I will be gone most of the next two weeks. If someone has something to say that I absolutely MUST hear, PM me.

Al_Capone_Junior
07-03-2003, 10:16 AM

Sarge85
07-03-2003, 10:52 AM
I think that your hand would have had more value as a straight rather than a flush. More people are apt to have higher diamonds than yours - but would people be playing lower cards like yours that were building to a straight. SO paying the $10.00 to pick up the straight is expensive and I think the laydown was good.

Magician
07-03-2003, 12:03 PM
Al,

Didn't you hit a flush on the turn?