PDA

View Full Version : ($200) Bubble w/ Big Stack and Micro Stack

11-26-2005, 03:58 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t3309)
BB (t210)
UTG (t1690)
Hero (t4791)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero...

What is Hero's move and why?

11-26-2005, 04:07 PM
Fold

Small Blind may complete. If he doesnt u may get better hole cards next time round to go over micro stack.

handsome
11-26-2005, 04:31 PM
On the easiness-to-fold scale (1-10, 10 being easiest), this is a 20 billion.

tigerite
11-26-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL love it.

jgunnip
11-26-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. the tone of this forum today makes me smile /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

11-26-2005, 06:13 PM
I was wondering why this would't be a 'push any two' situation.

Isn't the SB folding anything bČ (edit:) but the most premium holdings? Is it the size of the SB's stack that this causes problems? What's the minimum hand to push with here?

And we don't care (maybe even prefer) that the BB doubles up.

edited: my message was truncated from posting on my mobile.

Snarf
11-26-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t3309)
BB (t210)
UTG (t1690)
Hero (t4791)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero...

What is Hero's move and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

If micro-stack isn't great and the bubble is letting you steal chips from the other stacks - I'd raise it up a =keep you safe if SB has anything - amount. If SB calls the raise, I wouldn't hesitate to bluff him out taking the dead money for myself. (Asssuming a bluff would likely be successful.)

Do we REALLY care if the micro-stack wins the hand and then has - no chip stack to worry us still?

We should only care if we're worried about getitng bubbled ourselves. Your goal should be to WIN not to knock out a guy with only a BB or so of chips.

If you're confident of your ability at the table - then raise and step up the stealing. If you're worried about getting bubbled 'cuz you're outmatched - fold.

(I didn't just share something I wasn't supposed to did I? Oh well - you can find it elsewhere on the forum.)

raptor517
11-26-2005, 11:12 PM
if the reason you are asking this is because you want him to have chips so you can keep the bubble alive, the answer is its not worth it because the blinds are too small. if he had 410 and the blinds were 2-4 it MIGHT be worth shoving, but you would have to show down 42o and most ppl in the 215s play entirely too loose as it is and call with crap like K9 for 2500 chips when there is a stack at 250 and blinds are 150-300. its relaly bad. so yea, a fold is just fine. holla

11-27-2005, 01:08 AM
So this is clearly a fold, and I thought it might be a situation where 'your cards don't matter'. Raptor's given me the only response with a reasoning against pushing...the reward is not great enough (small blinds compared to MY chip stack).

So in this same scenario (same blinds), what is
A: the minimum hand to push here? OR
B: the maximum stack size of SB to push with 42o?

Is a standard raise (3x-5x BB) still in your arsenal at this point? If it matters, the SB had played solid.

SparkMan
11-27-2005, 02:45 AM
23off is a 2 to 1 dog against a random hand. If you push and the SB folds you're still only getting 3 to 2. The BB can still not survive another round. Even if you win all the chips in a SNG you still only get 50% of the money. This is the unique thing about tournaments, each chip you win has diminishing real value. You're strategy at this point is to try to eliminate players. Raise with a premium hand and just call with a better than average hand.

raptor517
11-27-2005, 04:11 AM
well.. i know the reason you want to shove 24 is to keep the bubble alive. the problem is the blinds are too low to make this worth it imo. you wont be able to take enough chips off of the other stacks with the blinds at 1-2 to make this worth it. the sb has 3300 chips. therefore, my shove range is incredibly small. so small in fact that i fold probably 90% of my hands here. however.. the sb will be calling with very few hands as he knows the bb could just fold for 10 more chips hoping he busts.

i suppose it depends on how you view this situation. i dont find it worth it by ANY amount to shove crap here. even if sb is playing 'tight' he will still call way too loose. all the 215ers do. there is just really no need at all to get involved at this point. if bb doubles up then you can go ahead and start chipping away at the other stacks by making it 600 a lot.

as far as the max stack of sb to push 42 here, i dont think i ever would at 100-200 in this type of situation.

thats all i got, hope i cleared some things up for you. holla