PDA

View Full Version : Call this river raise?

Fryguy
11-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Opp is 57.6/0/0.6 I think there's a reasonable chance that she has trips or 2 pair here instead of flush or boat. It just always seems like when uberfishes raise the river like this I'm beat.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

milesdyson
11-26-2005, 03:54 PM
fold preflop, and yes, call the river. you have a straight, and he has trip sixes more than often enough to call.

jaxUp
11-26-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop, and yes, call the river. you have a straight, and he has trip sixes more than often enough to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

yah

11-26-2005, 03:56 PM
I think this is a fairly easy call. You would expect a raise at the turn with a standard low aggro.

Fryguy
11-26-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fold preflop? i'm opening from the button...

I thought shorthanded it was fairly standard to raise A LOT when opening from the button

milesdyson
11-26-2005, 04:00 PM
you have 8 high against a guy who will almost never lay down a better hand preflop. he will also probably check call a lot of flops that he misses, and against your hand he will oftne be correct for him to do so. don't put yourself in that spot.

11-26-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought shorthanded it was fairly standard to raise A LOT when opening from the button

[/ QUOTE ]

check this out on stealing. (http://www.tightpoker.com/tournament/theorem_blind_stealing.html) It's geared at STT audiences, but I think it's applicable to SH play. Figure the guy for the /loose/ category, then determine your equity. I think it's slim with this hand.

Redd
11-26-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is, depending on how loose the blinds are. It's usually better to add more stuff that has HU showdown value though. I'd open-raise A2o before 87o, for instance.

11-26-2005, 04:05 PM
Am I the only one that 3-bets, calls the cap? I fully expect two pair. Most fishies will raise their flush on the turn, so as to disguise it when they bluff at the turn scarecard. I don't see him just calling flopped two pair or a set either.

Fryguy
11-26-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you have 8 high against a guy who will almost never lay down a better hand preflop. he will also probably check call a lot of flops that he misses, and against your hand he will oftne be correct for him to do so. don't put yourself in that spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both of the blinds have a &gt; 70% fold to steal, sorry for not mentioning that before

milesdyson
11-26-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Both of the blinds have a &gt; 70% fold to steal,

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Opp is 57.6/0/0.6

[/ QUOTE ]
he has been dealt really bad hands in those steal situations. he does not fold more than 70% of the time against a steal.

Chris Daddy Cool
11-26-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one that 3-bets, calls the cap? I fully expect two pair. Most fishies will raise their flush on the turn, so as to disguise it when they bluff at the turn scarecard. I don't see him just calling flopped two pair or a set either.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you get capped on this board your hand is no good. although i really don't know how the .50/1.00 plays anymore so its hard to say.

that said, when i read the hand i thought the real question or not was between calling and 3-betting, not calling and folding. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

DCWildcat
11-26-2005, 04:13 PM
This would be a very, very bad fold. You're against trips or a two pair way too often to fold this. I'm not folding even if my bet and villain's raise are the only bets in the pot.

McGahee
11-26-2005, 08:09 PM
Do most people check/call to the river with 2-pair or a flush? Of course you call.

11-27-2005, 01:00 AM
fold preflop, dont even think about folding river

SCfuji
11-27-2005, 04:24 AM
somebody convince me not to 3 bet. this looks like a lone 6 more often than anything that beats us. im thinking that fish raises the turn when he hits his flush and raises a set earlier especially with that third club on the turn. and with the river pairing the board i think the fish just calls our 3 bet (even with a flush) and only caps with an unfishly played set that rivered a house.

@bsolute_luck
11-27-2005, 09:50 AM
i play the entire hand the same way.

11-27-2005, 11:26 AM
In my opinion, calling is too passive. I 3-bet. If he picked up a full house on the river, then that means he had 2 pair on the turn. Why would he not raise 2 pair on the turn? Even the most passive of fish will typically raise you w/ 2 pair on the turn. He didn't raise you on the turn, so it's doubtful he hit the flush and more often than not all he has is trip 6's. 3-bet and push. If you get unlucky, oh well.

When I have a straight like this, I push as hard as possible. The times when you are beaten by a full house are so rare, that all the other times you are hold the winning hand and push more than make up for it.

Fryguy
11-27-2005, 11:47 AM
Opp had Q2s for the flush btw.