PDA

View Full Version : 100 Hands - Part 4 (ah, the final part)

ElSapo
07-03-2003, 09:56 AM
Final 25 hands... thanks so far for all the comments...

76. Button with A2o. Two limpers, I muck.

77. CO with Q9o. A raise, some folds, I fold.

78. MP with 24o. Fold.

79. MP with 57o. A limp and I fold.

80. UTG+1, the red KK. UTG folds, I raise, only the BB calls. Flop is 36Tr. He checks, I bet. Turn is 3, check-bet-call. River is a J, check-bet-call. He shows ATo.

81. UTG with 23o. Fold.

82. BB with T5o. Early raise, I fold.

83. SB with A9o. One limper, folded to me, I complete, BB
checks. Flop is AJ3, two spades. I bet, both call. Turn is 8d, I bet, both fold.

84. Button with 23s. Fold.

85. CO with 26o. Fold.

86. MP with T5o. Three limpers, I fold.

87. Eight players, I'm UTG+1. T8o. Fold.

88. UTG with 45o. Fold.

89. BB with T4o. Five limpers, a poster checks, SB completes and I check. A87 r. I check-fold.

90. SB with K4o. Limp, raise and re-raise. I was folding anyways…

91. Button with 5h5s. EP poster checks, four limpers, I limp, SB completes and BB checks. Seven see the flop. A46, two spades. SB checks, BB bets, three folds and two callers, I take one off. SB calls. Turn is a Kd and I fold to the bet.

92. CO with JQo. Folded to me, I limp, button limps, SB completes, BB checks. A37 and I fold to a bet.

93. MP with KdKs. Two limpers, I raise, a caller behind me, SB calls, BB calls and a total of six see the flop for 1 BB each. T24, all spades. SB checks, BB bets, two callers to me and I raise. Two behind me fold, SB calls two, others call. Four players remain. Turn is the Qs. I have the second nuts. SB checks, BB bets, a fold, a call, I raise. Now SB folds, BB folds and two of us see the river. Ad. He checks, I bet and he folds.

94. MP with 43o. Fold to a raise.

95. J4o in EMP. I fold.

96. UTG with Q5o. I fold.

97. BB with QKo. Three limp, SB folds and I check. Flop is
87J, two diamonds. Checked through. Turn is 3s, I check, a bet, two calls and I fold.

98. SB with TJs. Two limp, I complete, BB checks. Flop is TT8, two hearts. I bet, two callers. Turn is 4h, I bet and get one caller. River is 7d, I bet, he calls. He shows an odd 42s.

99. Button with AJo. Three limp to me, I raise, SB three-bets, BB drops and five of us see the flop. T94 rainbow. Checked to CO who bets, I fold, the others call.

slavic
07-03-2003, 10:33 AM
92. CO with JQo. Folded to me, I limp, button limps, SB completes, BB checks. A37 and I fold to a bet.

This gets a raise from me PF here. Your likely the best hand left and if you only steal the blinds that's ok.

MaxPower
07-03-2003, 10:48 AM
Hand 91, you should probably fold on the flop.

Hand 92, I would usually raise pre-flop. But I assume you are you playing very low limits where stealing the blinds is impossible, so calling is OK. I would still raise though.

Hand 99, I would call or raise here. However, you are in a tricky situation because any card that improves your hand may also improve someone else. But I think folding is a mistake given the size of the pot. If your opponents are the type who wil always check to the raiser on the turn, then I would definitely raise.

Otherwise, very well done.

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-03-2003, 10:59 AM
#92 - first to act in the C/O, if you're going to play, raise unless the button and blinds are very agressive.

hutz
07-03-2003, 11:10 AM
83. SB with A9o. One limper, folded to me, I complete, BB checks.

This is a routine raise situation.

92. CO with JQo. Folded to me, I limp, . . . .

Raise!

99. Button with AJo. Three limp to me, I raise, . . . .

I will frequently raise in this spot but will also just limp with it with regularity. This one depends a lot on the texture of your game.

lil'
07-03-2003, 11:20 AM
/forums/images/icons/mad.gif I can't help but feel angry, as there are only 99 hands here! I was promised 100!!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

83 - You could raise this.
91 - Fold on the flop. You are drawing to 2 outs in an unraised pot with a flush draw on the board.
92 - Raise.
93 - Nice hand.

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-03-2003, 11:25 AM
Re: #83. I missed that in my reply. I agree with Hutz. Knock out the BB abd try to get it heads-up with the limper. A9o is probably ahead here.

Homer
07-03-2003, 12:20 PM
91. Button with 5h5s. EP poster checks, four limpers, I limp, SB completes and BB checks. Seven see the flop. A46, two spades. SB checks, BB bets, three folds and two callers, I take one off. SB calls. Turn is a Kd and I fold to the bet.

Usually when someone says "I take one off" they know that they did so despite the odds being offered.

I've started open-limping in MP and LP a little more often as well, given that there is a 0% chance to steal the blinds.

93. MP with KdKs. Two limpers, I raise, a caller behind me, SB calls, BB calls and a total of six see the flop for 1 BB each. T24, all spades. SB checks, BB bets, two callers to me and I raise. Two behind me fold, SB calls two, others call. Four players remain. Turn is the Qs. I have the second nuts. SB checks, BB bets, a fold, a call, I raise. Now SB folds, BB folds and two of us see the river. Ad. He checks, I bet and he folds.

I would have called the turn, thinking the BB had the nut flush based on his play to that point.

99. Button with AJo. Three limp to me, I raise, SB three-bets, BB drops and five of us see the flop. T94 rainbow. Checked to CO who bets, I fold, the others call.

From the cutoff I'd often raise, but from the button after three limpers I'd limp as well. I'd raise the flop if I thought there was any chance that:

1) SB would fold his overcards AND

2) CO would call my raise and check to me on the turn, giving me a free ride to the river

-- Homer

ElSapo
07-03-2003, 12:33 PM
Usually when someone says "I take one off" they know that they did so despite the odds being offered

Yup. That about sums it up. I think, with the callers, and hoping for no raise, I was getting about 10-1, figuring to make it up on the turn and river bets.

BUT...

I think it was maybe a bit worse than even not having the odds, since it would also put a straight/straight draw on the board, and you just never know what people have.

Ed Miller
07-03-2003, 07:35 PM
Ah... after three relatively controversy-free posts I get to rip into you a little bit. This makes reading those first three posts all worthwhile. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Hand 91: Why did you "take one off" with your weenie pocket pair in a 10 bet pot? Ya... you do have a one-card backdoor straight draw... but guess what... it sucks. You gotta have the discipline to fold if you don't flop a set.

Hand 92: Two in a row.. Don't open-limp in the cutoff you freakshow! I'm in the cutoff... folded to me... I raise! What were my cards again?

Ed Miller
07-03-2003, 07:38 PM
I've started open-limping in MP and LP a little more often as well, given that there is a 0% chance to steal the blinds.

If there is 0% chance to steal the blinds, then that means they will usually be calling with a hand worse than QJo. I'm still gonna raise. I could see your logic with a hand like 87s maybe.

Homer
07-03-2003, 09:27 PM
You mean we can raise for value now?! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Good point.

-- Homer