PDA

View Full Version : AK, what do I do on the river?

SayGN
11-26-2005, 03:32 PM
Interpoker 2/4. Villian's fourth hand at the table, no previous stats on him.

I'm dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif in MP1..I raise to $4.
folds up to CO who calls...everyone else folds.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif (pot size $11)
I bet $2, he calls $2

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (pot size $15)
I bet $4, he calls $4

River: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (pot size $23)
I bet $4, he raises to $8

Do I call $4 into a $35 pot with TPTK in this situation?

bobhalford
11-26-2005, 03:35 PM
I would call if I think I'm good one in nine times, which it looks like you are.

Klompy
11-26-2005, 03:39 PM
I think you'll see a,j or some other garbage often enough to make a call profitable. I think we have to consider what folding in a situation like this would do for your table image too, I guess I dont want to have people taking stabs at me all the time.

MrEngenic
11-26-2005, 03:39 PM
Easy call, don't even think about folding.

lightw1thoutheat
11-26-2005, 03:46 PM
im guessing he spiked one with kj or over slowplayed a set, which i see a lot at these levels. however, i think people like to bluff raise the river enough, or think that their Ax is good. easy call, im pretty sure youre good 1/9 times here

SayGN
11-26-2005, 03:55 PM
Okay, I figured that would be the response. I lose alot of money on top pair according to my PT, so I know there are times when I should be laying it down when I'm not and didn't know if this might be one of those times. I find that when I get raised on the river after a bunch of cold calls, that I am very rarely good. I know I only have to be good 1 in 9 times for this to be profitable and that folding would be bad for my table image (although I don't think the 2/4 players at interpoker are good enough to take in much about table image), but I feel like I am behind all of a sudden...so is folding that terrible of a move? In this specific hand I did call. What if he raised me on the turn instead of the river? I should call and then check/call the river UI...right?

MrEngenic
11-26-2005, 04:00 PM
Even if you are good less than 1 in 9 times you should call I think. You can't start folding decent hands on the river for one bet, some people will notice and run you over.