PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 vs PS3 ebay

11-26-2005, 03:19 PM
Given how much Xbox has been selling for on ebay, does anyone think it will be the same way for PS3 after the first couple of days it hits the market? 360's are still making a couple hundred profit on each on ebay, so I was wondering if it will be the same type of market for the PS3, just preorder a bunch and also wait in line at 12am, and its some easy $. Thanks for any insight.

David04
11-26-2005, 03:39 PM
PS2's come out. Not enough to go around. Demand is high, supply is low, there is a profit to be made on eBay.

Xbox's come out. Not enough to go around. Demand is high, supply is low, there is a profit to be made on eBay.

Xbox 360's come out. Not enough to go around. Demand is high, supply is low, there is a profit to be made on eBay.

Notice a pattern? I would think that this would be true when the PS3 is released.

handsome
11-26-2005, 03:49 PM
Oh, you think it's that easy, huh?

WackityWhiz
11-26-2005, 05:35 PM
I'm not sure if things have changed, but I remember hearing about xbox 360 releasing Halo 3 on the same day PS3 comes out. I think that Sony might be prepared and ship out as many PS3's as they can, maybe reducing the demand a lot.

If you go out and spend $3,000 bucks (plus tax) on 10 PS3's and they end up being in low demand (which is probably unlikely) you will stand to face minimal loss, just like a bad day in *****. Chances are that you can make at least 75-100 off each.

Worth a grand? you bet, could be fun too.

From what I've noticed, people who offer bundles on ebay with xbox 360's are making a lot more money. If you could get your hands on some games and accessories, you could stand to make 1500-2000.

11-26-2005, 06:39 PM
I just want a game where I can put my penis in a hole and use it to fight zombies, until then I'm not impresed by anything I see.

henrikrh
11-26-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just want a game where I can put my penis in a hole and use it to fight zombies, until then I'm not impresed by anything I see.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know games where you fight zombies and the game is so crap you feel like your benis is in a blender. Close enough?

11-26-2005, 07:02 PM
Instead of waiting in line go to gamestop and preorder one the day they start taking preorders. Repeat for every other store around you that takes preorders. Then instead of waiting in line at midnight you wait till the next day and go around and pick them all up.

Also depends on when its released. If its around christmas time again you can be sure they will resell 2-3 times value. If its Feb of 07, demend insn't gonna be quite as high.

DrunkHamster
11-26-2005, 08:29 PM
That's quite a username you've got there...

dblgutshot
11-26-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If you go out and spend $3,000 bucks (plus tax) on 10 PS3's and they end up being in low demand (which is probably unlikely) you will stand to face minimal loss, just like a bad day in *****.

[/ QUOTE ]

There should be no reason to lose ANYTHING at all. If nobody wants'em just return them to the store.