PDA

View Full Version : rebuyin online

bigt2k4
11-26-2005, 03:07 PM
u find ur self down a couple of big blinds in stakes(those that like to play with full stacks), do u automatically rebuy? or wait till ur down further (ie 10 big blinds)?

flawless_victory
11-26-2005, 03:15 PM
where is the "who gives a fvck" option?

RikaKazak
11-26-2005, 03:22 PM
LOL, I agree with flawless

evil_twin
11-26-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
where is the "who gives a fvck" option?

[/ QUOTE ]

While I understand the sentiment (especially since we only just had a long thread on this subject), I am fairly certain neither you or any of the other good posters/players would sit there with 50, 60 or even 70bb on a 100bb buy in table.

The guys who rebuy to the max after losing 1 or 2 bb's are just retarded, however most of us are arrogant enough to think we're one of the better players at our table and hence rebuy long before we get below say 60 bb's. If I found myself regularly sitting with 50 or 60 bb's I would just drop down a level, play more idiotic opponents and pay less in blinds.

flawless_victory
11-26-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The guys who rebuy to the max after losing 1 or 2 bb's are just retarded,

[/ QUOTE ]
i do this.

evil_twin
11-26-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, ok well I'm forced to retract my statement then since you're clearly far from retarded... it just seems a bit extreme to me, worrying about the odd 5 or 10bb that I could have made, maybe.

FoxwoodsFiend
11-26-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this also. I can't see why anyone wouldn't.

evil_twin
11-26-2005, 04:10 PM
On further reflection I suppose I would do it if I played at Party... it's trivial to rebuy to the max there isn't it? On other sites you have to sit out, hit cashier, type a figure in, enter, sit in again, and make sure you do it without missing a blind or a hand. Hassle. Party just lets you do it whenever without fear of missing a hand and auto fills you at the start of the next hand.

Anyway, I should probably apologize for pushing this thread to the top again. I'm going away now /images/graemlins/wink.gif

FoxwoodsFiend
11-26-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, ok well I'm forced to retract my statement then since you're clearly far from retarded... it just seems a bit extreme to me, worrying about the odd 5 or 10bb that I could have made, maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clicking on a button that says "more chips" and then clicking "okay" is extreme...?

And you do realize that 5 or 10 BB is actually a decent amount of money, especially if you add up all the times you would have made it if you'd clicked rebuy over the course of your career right?

evil_twin
11-26-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Clicking on a button that says "more chips" and then clicking "okay" is extreme...?

[/ QUOTE ]
As I said above, the cashier on Party makes things easy. Pokerroom is less forgiving.
[ QUOTE ]
And you do realize that 5 or 10 BB is actually a decent amount of money, especially if you add up all the times you would have made it if you'd clicked rebuy over the course of your career right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Indeed, I probably would rebuy a lot if I played somewhere with a decent cashier. As it is I won't let it go below 85-90bbs.

HoldEmKillah
11-26-2005, 04:58 PM
This thread has been done way too many times. How someone cannot see the EV from rebuying immediately is beyond me.

Maulik
11-26-2005, 05:00 PM
if its online, i do it immediately, live i wait 10-15bb then re-load.

11-26-2005, 05:01 PM
They should make an autorebuy feature that tops you off at the end of every hand if you enable it. Would take away all the hassle of rebuying manually. And yes I rebuy when I get down 5 BB's; 1 or 2 is kind of extreme, especially when playing 8 6 handed tables.

edge
11-26-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1 or 2 is kind of extreme, especially when playing 8 6 handed tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just instinct. It takes a few seconds. Why not? Plus, I'm arrogant enough to think that I'm the best player at the table most of the time, so I should have as large a stack as possible.

tdarko
11-26-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i do it too (when i remember), why is it extreme? how many times have you doubled up and thought, "f*ck! i really wish i would have reloaded to the max 100BB's."?

plus i like chips.

11-26-2005, 06:26 PM
As soon as I am down I rebuy immediately. I always sit with a full stack. At the NL 2K if I am sitting with 1960 I rebuy.