PDA

View Full Version : 4K stats checkup, with a bad beat, and some starting hand questionsLC

Alobar
11-26-2005, 02:22 PM
im playing with out PA so no stats, trying to form my own reads, but so far dont have alot of info on him. He smells like fish tho

he opens MP, I 3 bet AQo everyone else folds

flop is A94r

He donks, and I raise

turn is a K

he checks, I bet, he calls

river is a K

He bets, I raise, he 3 bets, I fold

Surfbullet
11-26-2005, 02:29 PM
I usually just call the river donk after that action.

Surf

baronzeus
11-26-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He smells like fish tho

[/ QUOTE ]

gross

i like your line. i usually puss out and just call the river though. because i cant conceive of a hand that i beat donking me there.

dave44
11-26-2005, 03:10 PM
Without much of a read, I don't see value in a river raise. Just call.

Alobar
11-26-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He smells like fish tho

[/ QUOTE ]

gross

i like your line. i usually puss out and just call the river though. because i cant conceive of a hand that i beat donking me there.

[/ QUOTE ]

given his flop donk I figured the hands hed have that beat me would have raised the turn. So the river K didnt change much unless he donked the flop with nothing. Thought maybe hed do it with an A or like Q9, but I guess I have to figure the fact he has to assume I would call with any ace, so its not much of a bluff, and without a solid read that hes a fish its a lot less likely.

climber
11-26-2005, 03:36 PM
very effective title...i think I'm asleep today as i opened your thread twice looking yfor your stats--thinking hmmm his photobucket links must be screwed up or something. LOL nh

aba20
11-26-2005, 07:37 PM
I really like the river, but I don't have the control that you do to fold. But if you can fold then I think this is the best way to play it.