PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Light Color Connotation

trying2learn
11-26-2005, 02:03 PM
So it's my first year as a homeowner. I decided to surprise my wife and hang Christmas lights on the day before Thanksgiving while she was at work.

Apparently, I did a great job...with one quirk. While buying lights, I thought that the blue and white lights at the store would look cooler than the multi-colored ones...so I went with those. I had no idea, but according to my wife, and a couple of friends of ours...I have now signified my house as a Jewish home that celebrates Hanukkah.

There have been many friends of mine who didn't know this, like me...but enough have confirmed it that I guess it's true...who knew?

Anyway...Happy Holidays to all...

gulebjorn
11-26-2005, 02:06 PM
Just be glad it's not color code for a homosexual bar.

miajag81
11-26-2005, 02:16 PM
I didn't know this until a couple years ago, and I'm Jewish.

Lazymeatball
11-26-2005, 05:30 PM
in hindsight it's pretty obvious. but it's a pretty simple mistake to make. Too bad Santa won't come to your house now. and by the way, Jesus is pissed at you.

JonPKibble
11-26-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There have been many friends of mine who didn't know this, like me...but enough have confirmed it that I guess it's true...who knew?

[/ QUOTE ]

j00 n00b~~!!!111

trying2learn
11-26-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
in hindsight it's pretty obvious. but it's a pretty simple mistake to make. Too bad Santa won't come to your house now. and by the way, Jesus is pissed at you.

[/ QUOTE ]

these jokes have been flying over the last two days...

and yes, in hindsight it is really obvious. i'm thinking of getting a star of david flag just to put the finishing touches on everything.

Dynasty
11-26-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have now signified my house as a Jewish home that celebrates Hanukkah.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stick a cross or a Santa Claus on your lawn and all doubt will be removed.

diebitter
11-26-2005, 06:51 PM
Or

http://www.atheistalliance.org/aaw/santaonline/Crucified_Santa.JPG