PDA

View Full Version : ROI per Bankroll Amount

ChrisMonkeymaker
11-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Let's say you have a certain bankroll. It could be $500 or $1k or $2.5k or $5k or $10k. Doesn't matter which.

Which of the following ways of playing holdem (limit or nolimit) would give you the best rate of return for a year given a specific bankroll? Which one gives you the best EV relative to variance? (Assume you are equally good (winning player) in all of them and you love them equally. Assume also that you never overbet your bankroll. In other words, you stick with the 500 BB rule in limit. 25 buy-ins for NL live. 40 buy-ins for SNGs):

1) 1 table sngs?
2) 2 table sngs?
3) 3 table sngs?
4) "announced" multitable tournaments?
5) limit holdem 4 tabling?
6) nl holdem 2 tabling?

You only get to pick one that you have to play exclusively.

fnord_too
11-26-2005, 12:59 PM
I made a post on this in the STT forum (I think) a while back. I think STT's offer, by a fair amount, the best hourly rate for a given bankroll when the bankroll is low (say <= 6Kish). Second I think is no limit ring games, and this probably takes over as best rate for a bankroll over 6K. At some point, it switches to limit ring I think. Note this is without your table constraints, but it should not be too different with them. (I 8 table STTs, I would probably 4-6 table LHE ring games and 4 +/- 2 NLHE ring games depending on toughness.

40 buy ins for STT's is a little light for the higher ones (55's and up), and I used hourly rate for ROI.