PDA

View Full Version : AJo

11-26-2005, 10:41 AM
this standard? not sure when to quit with overcards.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (7 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7 BB

11-26-2005, 10:55 AM
That's pretty standard for me. As of the turn, I'm putting in my last bet. I'll fold to a raise there. On the river, I want a free showdown UI. Most of the time, I'll fold to a bet on that board. I haven't found many guys who will bluff OOP w &lt; AJ.

11-26-2005, 11:06 AM
ok, just a check. if i'm instead second to act do i fold to any bet?

and is there any more info on playing overcards when you miss i should look into? i have SSHE but that's also full ring play mainly.

Obliky
11-26-2005, 11:56 AM
Im not sure i like the flop bet that much...thats a resonably draw heavy board against 3 villians, and you just have your overcards with no backdoor draws.

If you are going to bet the flop you played the rest of the hand fine.

Cancuk
11-26-2005, 12:02 PM
I think you have to bet the flop, driving out some of the players and probably buying you a free card to the river if you want it.

well played.

Obliky
11-26-2005, 12:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you have to bet the flop, driving out some of the players and probably buying you a free card to the river if you want it.

well played.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whilst i dont think the flop bet is bad i can see hero getting check/raised here quite often by a variety of hands.
For that reason i would prefer to take a free card against aggressive opponents..but betting and taking a free card on the turn against passive opponents is fine.

As the hand played out hero has to bet the turn as we are now HU.

11-26-2005, 12:20 PM
thank you for the advice, both of you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

POKhER
11-26-2005, 12:46 PM
To OP: You played it ok, The flop sucks and no one will think you've got any of those card so you hope most fold due to odds/think you have PP. As it went HU you must bet here, and check behind seems standard.If BB raises what do you plan on doing?

i agree with oblinky about the flop bet.

Vs tricky opponents or aggressive take the free card.

However doing this can mean your often bluffed out of the hand. With AJo this isn't such a major problem as the pot be relatively small anyhow so if you're calling turn bets with OC's make sure you've got a good read.

11-26-2005, 12:48 PM
i'd fold to any aggression by BB, i can only beat a bluff and the pot isn't huge anyway.

2+2 wannabe
11-26-2005, 12:52 PM
Flop bet is iffy with the draw-heavy board into 3 others - I probably just check the flop for a free turn card

The way you played it I like the turn bet/check river