PDA

View Full Version : 20/40 vs Maniac and some guy playalong

Piiop
11-26-2005, 07:46 AM
Party 20/40 Full 10-handed. I've been playing for awhile and the table is especially amazing cuz it's 6:30 am EST. A random guy joins and sits on my immediate right (he's a nice guy) and proceeds to go crazy. His stats are 72/34/1.1 after about 40 hands. He gets passive on the turn/river but he's pretty wild pre and on the flop. Unfortunately, I've been very card dead basically the whole time and haven't really been playing at all. The CO's stats are 22/14/2 over 800 hands and I know him only from datamining and this session. His ASB is 49%.

I have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif

Preflop: Folded to the CO who open raises, button folds, SB (maniac) 3-bets, I cap it, both call.

Flop (12sb): T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Maniac bets, I do what?

11-26-2005, 09:24 AM
Raise. Get CO out or make him define his hand. I would not be worried about the maniac as much.

Piiop
11-26-2005, 10:12 AM
Ok, that part wasn't too exciting.

I have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif

Preflop: Folded to the CO who open raises, button folds, SB (maniac) 3-bets, I cap it, both call.

Flop (12sb): T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Maniac bets, I raise, CO 3bets, Maniac calls, I call.

Turn (10.5BB) A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

maniac checks, I do what?

adios
11-26-2005, 12:20 PM
I'd lead on the turn. The maniac probably doesn't have much here. I can't see folding your hand so I'd put pressure on the CO. If the CO raises again the maniac is probably going to fold and that's probably worth it if he has some piddly little spade. Even if CO raises IMO the pot's laying you enough to see the showdown.

DrGutshot
11-26-2005, 12:25 PM
is a check-raise/fold to 3bet too crazy here? I think this might be a spot for it.

I mean to the CO, not to the maniac. If it goes check check bet raise to you then you have some serious crotch punching to do.

-DrG

sy_or_bust
11-26-2005, 02:32 PM
bet. if CO is scared of the ace he'll take a free card to a flush with something like KT/K9, or any QJ, etc. or he may give up with certain hands lacking redraws, like red Q9, which sucks. if he raises it doesn't have to mean much, and CO probably calls 2 bets cold with any spade.

if CO raises, maniac calls, and the river bricks, bet/fold is interesting. CO, if he is any good, will almost never pay off a worse hand, but maniac might - and often.

if maniac 3-bets a turn raise, you should strongly consider folding if he won't act up with a spade here. A9/AT, a set, or a made flush have you drawing thin or dead, while the river redraw greatly narrows the range of hands you can now call with (you have to be ahead more often).

CardSharpCook
11-26-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is a check-raise/fold to 3bet too crazy here?

[/ QUOTE ] Yes.

I don't think you should find a fold in this hand. I bet the turn. The worst thing in the world would be if CO has Q
/images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and gets to take a free card here.

Danenania
11-26-2005, 05:28 PM
Anyone else dislike the flop raise? I think it's too obvious we are isolating so CO is not going to cooperate. I would rather call, see what CO does behind me. If he just calls then raise the maniac on most turns for free SD. Get some more leverage.

mscags
11-26-2005, 05:48 PM
I raise and take it from there. If he really is a maniac he will be bettting with about anything here, plus it would be nice to get some info on where you stand, also the chance of a free card on the turn is nice as well.

Piiop
11-26-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else dislike the flop raise? I think it's too obvious we are isolating so CO is not going to cooperate. I would rather call, see what CO does behind me. If he just calls then raise the maniac on most turns for free SD. Get some more leverage.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your plan if you just call the flop and the CO raises?

Danenania
11-26-2005, 06:08 PM
If maniac 3-bets, then fold. If he calls then probably check/call 1 on a non-spade turn. Check/fold river UI.

Piiop
11-26-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd lead on the turn. The maniac probably doesn't have much here. I can't see folding your hand so I'd put pressure on the CO. If the CO raises again the maniac is probably going to fold and that's probably worth it if he has some piddly little spade. Even if CO raises IMO the pot's laying you enough to see the showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're seeing a showdown if CO raises and maniac folds regardless of the river card?

What if both just call the turn bet and the river is a spade? What if CO just calls and the river is a spade? What if CO raises, maniac folds, and the river is a spade?

Piiop
11-26-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If maniac 3-bets, then fold. If he calls then probably check/call 1 on a non-spade turn. Check/fold river UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your plan for the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif turn card?

Danenania
11-26-2005, 06:16 PM
I like betting for reasons others have given.

11-26-2005, 06:24 PM
While it would be nice to isolate the maniac, the Cutoff DID open for a raise. He has some sort of a hand, but is he ahead of AQ? I would raise here. If you just call, the CO may put you on a flush-draw and raise, then the maniac re-raises now you have to fold. If you raise here, you put the CO to the test. If he re-raises, he has your AQ beat and if not, then give it up anyways, because it will most likely be 2 more bets to you. If the CO folds, i would check/call it down if it is a true maniac who may be raising with KJo or just anything. If I improve on the turn I would still check, to induce the maniac to bluff at it on the river.