PDA

View Full Version : A7o, MPTK

11-26-2005, 07:20 AM
standard over-aggressive table.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, UTG folds, Hero ???

therockofgibraltar
11-26-2005, 07:26 AM
I fold A7o pf after limpers.

If you are gonna continue after the flop I guess raising would be better? You might make players fold, buy the button and possible get a free card.

Thats the way I would play it but just check my avatar, what the heck do I know

11-26-2005, 07:49 AM
very loose tables so i loosen up preflop standards

I am fish
11-26-2005, 08:00 AM
I agree that A7o is an easy fold here preflop. It's really not a good hand behind a couple limpers. I recommend getting pokerstove and playing with possible hand ranges for you opponents. A7o vs 3 players playing ranges of Any Ace, Any Suited, Any Broadway, Any Pair is -EV. It's still -EV even if you remove AA,KK,QQ,JJ,TT,AKs,AKo from all 3 of your opponents possible holdings.

And remember, it could still be raised behind you.

11-26-2005, 08:02 AM
so how high should my kicker be to limp? SH guide says AT, and it says raise there.

I am fish
11-26-2005, 08:13 AM
I personally would avoid limping all together with a hand like Axo. I would raise ATo,A8s. I would limp along with the lower Axs, but I think even that is marginal but okay against weak competition.

Cancuk
11-26-2005, 08:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
standard over-aggressive table.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am fish
11-26-2005, 08:25 AM
What's your point. A7o is not a good multiway hand. Especially not at an agressive table.

adsman
11-26-2005, 08:46 AM
Table doesn't look overly aggressive to me. Saying that, I still fold this preflop. What do people usually limp in with at this type of table? Either hands like small pocket pairs of suited connecters or hands that they were planning on limp-reraising. That's the reason I dump A7o in this spot. You stand a good chance of being reverse dominated or just horribly behind.
Since you chose to play it, I raise the flop. You want to get rid of hands like JT etc. Also if you choose not to raise the flop, you can easily find yourself in horrible situations like you are in here on the Turn.

11-26-2005, 08:55 AM
it was, you can't judge just based on one hand though.

i need to throw away Ax more often unless it's sooted or it's folded to me on the button so i can try to steal.

Cancuk
11-26-2005, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's your point. A7o is not a good multiway hand. Especially not at an agressive table.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, my point was that he said "a standard over aggressive table" and everybody limped in preflop.
And A7 isn't good multiway. fold preflop.

11-26-2005, 10:36 AM
unless it's suited.. right? i'm just looking at that SH preflop hand chart.

Cancuk
11-26-2005, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
unless it's suited.. right? i'm just looking at that SH preflop hand chart.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's suited, raise it against open limpers w/ position.