PDA

View Full Version : Blind Defence

Ryan11
11-26-2005, 06:10 AM
Lately I've been trying to defend my blinds liberally. I think that I may be going a little overboard however.

Here are my stats over the last 22k hands:

BB to steal: 46
BB VPIP: 27.25
SB to steal: 81
SB VPIP: 38.85
BB BB/100: -0.22
SB BB/100: -0.05

What I have been trying to do, especially if the raiser is in early position, is I've started calling more often with low unsuited connectors (67o, 89o, 34o, etc), even with no other callers and when it's folded to me in the BB. Before I was folding these hands without much thought. If the raiser was an early raiser the chance that I am dominated is low and I have a chance of getting paid off well if I flop something. From the SB I have been just coldcalling more and re-raising a lot less in these situations as I want the BB to come along for the ride.

From reading the forums I think the general consenus is not to defend the BB quite so much as I am doing it (46% fold to steal)

Do you guys think I'm giving away too much money in the blinds doing stuff like this? My stats so far dont look too bad but the sample size is way to small to get any real long term idea.

Subfallen
11-26-2005, 06:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...but the sample size is way to small to get any real long term idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be rude; but why bother posting the stats then?

I've won from the SB over 15k stretches; I'm sure everybody else has too. So...22k...not enough.

The Truth
11-26-2005, 03:30 PM
I am not real sure what you are asking. However, the worse you play I would suggest you play tighter.

As you become a stronger post flop player, you will know what hands to hand in the BB.

blake