PDA

View Full Version : A high on the button

The Truth
11-26-2005, 04:01 AM
100 dollar tourney.

we are 6 handed. I have 2000 in chips. blinds are 100-200.

Folded to co who open limps, I have As6d on button Fold or push?

bigt439
11-26-2005, 04:12 AM
Post hand histories. You're leaving out more than you probably realise. But I fold for sure.

The Truth
11-26-2005, 04:16 AM
SB has about 1k, limper and BB both have 1k plus.

What ace high hands does this become a push?

What about pairs?

thanks
blake

bigt439
11-26-2005, 04:22 AM
CO's stack is by far the most important. I can't help you without that. Just post the HH if you have it. If not try and have it in the future. SNG's (and I say this because I read other forums and know you're mostly a cash game player) place a great deal of importance around the table situation and other stacks are super important.

The Truth
11-26-2005, 04:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
CO's stack is by far the most important. I can't help you without that. Just post the HH if you have it. If not try and have it in the future. SNG's (and I say this because I read other forums and know you're mostly a cash game player) place a great deal of importance around the table situation and other stacks are super important.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, yea I realize that. Thanks for being patient with me.

This was actually a live sit n go tourney at a local place.

So no hand history of course /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I mistyped in my previous post. BB, and limper both had 3k+ not 1k+,

We started with 2k in chips. It was 9 handed.

We have lost 3 players.

Stacks are like this

BB(3000)
SB(700)
button(me, 2000)
CO (3500)
hijack(4000)
UTG(4000)

It was something like that.

CO plays odd. I got a big cheap lead, then he raised A8o I pushed with AKo, and he called, he hit an 8, and knocked me down a bit and developed his stack.

My image is tight, perhaps overly tight.

Sorry for lack of info in OP.

blake

bigt439
11-26-2005, 04:50 AM
Yeah no problem at all.

But if this guy has you covered and is calling station (whish is indicated by his A8o call) you don't want to be pushing. This is not even that a great push if the CO just straight up folded, so it's not made better by him limping and still having the option to call. I'm quite sure this is a fold against most table line-ups.