PDA

View Full Version : What the [censored] am I doing?

PokerBob
11-26-2005, 03:21 AM
donker here is like 60/6/3. i know nothing about other dude, but i hated his flop call.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 8.16 BB

jt1
11-26-2005, 03:25 AM
I think you can just call down. I see that you're trying to chase bb out but 1) there's a good chance he'll fold anyway and 2) if he has a small ace, he might re-raise giving you a clear fold 3) he may just have a pocket pair so you want him in

xwillience
11-26-2005, 03:27 AM
i woulda bet the turn and taken a free showdown or folded to a raise

PokerBob
11-26-2005, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

can't fold to the raise.

PokerBob
11-26-2005, 03:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you can just call down. I see that you're trying to chase bb out but 1) there's a good chance he'll fold anyway and 2) if he has a small ace, he might re-raise giving you a clear fold 3) he may just have a pocket pair so you want him in

[/ QUOTE ]

he'd have to be insane to be calling 2 cold on the flop with a pocket pair, right?

flawless_victory
11-26-2005, 03:30 AM
BB won this pot w/ a JT?

jt1
pot is draw heavy. if you're concerned about bb you can wait to the river to pop it and take the free SD. i see nothing wrong this move.

imported_leader
I don't get your flop raise in the context of how you played the rest of the hand. I think I would just call down sometimes, but a raise is ok too as long as you’re not just going to give up. If you raise the flop I think you have to bet the turn or at least call the river.

imported_leader
11-26-2005, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

can't fold to the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

why not?

Edit: oh yeah gut shot. I check the turn and call the river then.

jt1
11-26-2005, 03:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be a tough fold, but not terrible. Hero would have 6 outs. You can take away perhaps 2 of them and find a fold.

jrbick
11-26-2005, 03:59 AM
I bet the turn and check behind on the river. You're good here a good part of the time, but I don't think we need to worry about one more bet on the river when they all call on the turn.

I've said this before, but I've been so amazed at what I see at showdown from some of these guys that I'm no longer that amazed.

EDIT: I forgot to comment on your River fold... you really can't fold the river now because by checking the turn you've given a lot of worse hands the opportunity to think that they are best now. You've also given them plenty of reason to bluff at the second 9. You're line is tantamount to betting the turn and taking the free showdown, you just need to put in the one bet on the river.