PDA

View Full Version : OT: Larger Monitor to 9-Table Poll

11-26-2005, 03:02 AM
Using Party's new resizable windows, I am nine-tabling with a 19 inch (1600x1200) monitor.

The tables and chip counts are very small.

I am thinking about upgrading to the Dell 24 inch and would like your opinion.

Thanks,
ICMoney

citanul
11-26-2005, 03:05 AM
why don't you figure out how big you'd make hte tables on the new monitor and see what it'd be like for yourself?

swiftrhett
11-26-2005, 03:06 AM
I'm holding off any purchases untill we see the rest of these "exciting" features waiting for us in early 2006. "Enjoy!"

Mr_J
11-26-2005, 03:15 AM
Am I the only one who finds 9tabling on a single dell easier than 8tabling over 2?? I find the tables pretty easy to see, the font and chips aren't much smaller at all.

The 2405 won't do 4 tables across without overlap? If it didn't, I wouldn't want overlap on such small tables. I'd just get 1 2001, and upgrade to 2 if you ever want to expand, as 10tabling is easy /images/graemlins/wink.gif

chisness
11-26-2005, 03:51 AM
i was thinking a lot about this today. i'm currently using 4 monitors for 10 games and realize that it probably won't make sense to have more than 2 per computer after these upgrades.

Apathy
11-26-2005, 04:04 AM
I have advice much different on this topic then any possible option in your poll.

PLAY LESS TABLES.

Learn to play poker better, build up your bankroll, why play all these lower limit tables when you can't even afford to buy a few 2001Fps?

I know I made that sound harsh but that isn't how I mean it, all I'm saying is learning how to 9 table 22s while trying to buold a bankroll is not smart. if you want to do tat for a living after you have a large BR and you think it offers a nice profit/variance ratio then fine, but it doesnt sound like your there.

btw I know you just ahve some lame question that really belongs in the internet forum that I'm not specifically interested but I'm not in a good mood (not poker related) so if you didnt want any of my advice, apoligies in advance.

BradleyT
11-26-2005, 04:11 AM
If he's making $40/hr by 9 tabling the 22's why can't he be content with that? Some people are risk averse. Some people don't wan't to play for a living. Is there some rule that says you constantly have to strive to move up in levels?

Mr_J
11-26-2005, 04:21 AM
I feel the same way. We don't all play poker to become great players, and if 9tabling 22s provides him with what he wants from sngs, then that's all he needs to do.

"why play all these lower limit tables when you can't even afford to buy a few 2001Fps?"

If he can't afford a few 2001s then he can't really afford to move up, can he /images/graemlins/wink.gif

There's no reason he can't 9 table AND work on his game anyway. If all he wants to do is make money, he'll make more by heavily multitabling lower limits than playing higher limits.

Apathy
11-26-2005, 05:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he's making $40/hr by 9 tabling the 22's why can't he be content with that? Some people are risk averse. Some people don't wan't to play for a living. Is there some rule that says you constantly have to strive to move up in levels?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to be sure I'm not encouraging ANYBODY to play for a living unless they really want to, that's not what my post meant.

11-26-2005, 06:52 AM
I'm not claiming to make any specific $/hr. Until yesterday I was four-tabling with my monitor, not grinding away. I downloaded the beta version and decided to give nine tables a try.

I found it wasn't that much harder and was just asking if anyone already has experience with a larger monitor.

Thanks,
ICMoney