PDA

View Full Version : A situation I feel I'm horribly misplaying.

Pepsquad
11-26-2005, 02:46 AM
So here's the scenario.

2/4 and 3/6 - 6-Max.

Hero is SB/BB and picks up QQ-1010. MP opens, button call, SB call and everyone calls your 3-bet.

Flop comes 3 undercards to hero's pair. Action is Check, Bet callcallcallcallcallcall...you get the drift.

Turn K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

How do you proceed? I typically tuck my dick between my legs and just call down...the inevitable 2nd best hand. check-folding just seems so weak though. Is there a better line?

Thanks.

Alobar
11-26-2005, 03:03 AM
quit seeing monsters under the bed. Sure someone could have a K and now you are beat, but why do you assume they automatically have one? No reason to do anything besides bet again in this spot and see what happens.

MikeNaked
11-26-2005, 03:13 AM
What he said. The correct play here depends on your reads. Bet and then you can take a proper course of action depending on who's raising.

Pepsquad
11-26-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
quit seeing monsters under the bed. Sure someone could have a K and now you are beat, but why do you assume they automatically have one? No reason to do anything besides bet again in this spot and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay - turn goes, check, bet, call, fold, call.

Still lead the river?

My concern lies with the number of opponents I'm against. Yes, heads up and even three-handed it's easy to remain aggressive. But at what number of opponents is continuing to lead when an A/K hits on the turn spewing chips? In my mind, the number of opponents is 4. At what point would you slow down?

Alobar
11-26-2005, 03:24 AM
unless you plan on folding to a river bet, then yes, you should bet again. If you check any K is betting, so you might as well bet it yourself so you get calls from worse hands that will call but otherwise check behind.

Pepsquad
11-26-2005, 03:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
unless you plan on folding to a river bet, then yes, you should bet again. If you check any K is betting, so you might as well bet it yourself so you get calls from worse hands that will call but otherwise check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. Thank you for the moment of clarity.