PDA

View Full Version : 80 flop and hand line

Dave Mac
11-26-2005, 02:21 AM
same game as the last post, 80, borg, 5 handed. villian is the same as in the other post, he is loose aggro, not good and is getting a little wilder, but only by a degree.

folded to villian in the Co, he limps, button, bad loose seat two from hand 1 as well, limps, I raise with AsQc in the SB, BB folds, Co now re-raises (WTF?), button folds, I think about capping get confused by his line and just call.

What do you give him, is he just being a donk? are you getting to showdown if you miss, what is you general line in this spot?
Dave

TStoneMBD
11-26-2005, 02:32 AM
id base this situation on what he had in the other hand. if he checkraised the river on a bluff id assume hes donking around again and cap it up. if he had you beat then hes probably just being intentionally stupid tricky with strong hands and id just call.

Danenania
11-26-2005, 02:36 AM
I think just calling PF is fine to let him keep the lead. I'd definitely be going to showdown on the vast majority of boards.

flawless_victory
11-26-2005, 02:38 AM
how do u think it would affect your image if u folded?

Dave Mac
11-26-2005, 03:15 AM
that is a good question, i think it would encourage one or two of the player to be a little more agro agaisnt me. however, they are not what i would call meat eater online high limit short players. they won't see the fold and say this guy is super weak i am gonna [censored] him up. yeah the more i think about it the less affect i think it would have. however, i think i should take a flop getting what 7.5-1, and i can see check folding unless i hit it pretty hard. are the major merits to folding pf? or did you just mean on the flop?
dave

Dave Mac
11-26-2005, 03:16 AM
this is what i figured, it just seemed so wacky i thought i prolly had the best hand and i wanted to get to showdown cheap unless i hit something big. i was just so confused by his line.
dave

Dave Mac
11-26-2005, 03:21 AM
that makes sense but he was somewhere in between. ealier he had raised a solid, maybe a little weak but solid player with 86o on a AKJ4 board. however, he was not doing this that much and a lot of the time he had something. so i would say he was donking more than he should and in bad spots. so it was hard to tell, because i could def see him haveing 87s and being like i will show up this [censored]. but i could also see him syaing you know what would be cool limp reraising aces in the CO. so he was an idoit, but kinda a semi intellegent boarderline moron, not a total donk.
so that long explain was ment to say i don't think his holding in any one hand could easly be determined but his prevoious play b/c he was a little erratic and tricky.
dave

flawless_victory
11-26-2005, 03:26 AM
i was talking abut folding preflop.
i missed that this is the bluff showing "tricky" guy... oops.
fourbet pre and continue betting until he raises. then call.

Dave Mac
11-26-2005, 03:29 AM
you are going to showdown most of the time then?
dave

flawless_victory
11-26-2005, 03:32 AM
absolutely.
only way i fold is if the board gets really nasty w/ middling cards.
679J8.

Dave Mac
11-26-2005, 03:39 AM
ok that is totally how i felt, it just seemed like a donkish move but a wannabe trickster.
However, the board came K5c3c, i concidered c-ring, but i didn't want to have to put in 1.5 bets on the flop with A hi when i could get to the river for 2.5 bets.
so i check called, missed on the turn and river and was show aces. so i guess this is a case when my thought process was correct, and players with a simalar background, short online poker agreed with my thoughts. however, i didn't adapt, which i should have to live passiveish poker, from online chip spewing. his hand felt stupid and weird, but strong. and i find that esp in AC, and more generally live, most players may think backwards, or try to be tricky, but generally what they say is true. if they say strength, however weird the messge is it usally means stregth.
dave

flawless_victory
11-26-2005, 04:07 AM
ok, i take it back... fold preflop!