PDA

View Full Version : a few general questions

11-26-2005, 01:40 AM
After reading some posts and playing some more this week here are some questions that i'm having trouble with =) any help would b appreciate ty

1) What do you do when u flop 2pair on paired board OOP, and how do u adjust play when you are in position?

2) TPGK OOP what is meant by ‘don’t build pot?’ don’t bet on dry board wit TP when you’re first to act?

3) Does min-raise then 3bet pf also mean kk/aa?

4) Bottom set on drawy board OOP multiway pot how much should I bet out?

5) When is it not wrong to bet out with tp?

yvesaint
11-26-2005, 01:45 AM
whoa dude, talk about GENERAL. i think your best bet is to post hands from these situations. 2pair on a paired board? you mean you hit the 3rd card, or you have an overpair?

second one is player dependent, but betting out is usually correct,

third one is COMPLETELY player dependent,

4th is bet out pot,

5th is so vague i dont even want to get in there

11-26-2005, 02:38 AM
GENERAL, repeat, GENERAL answers for general questions. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
After reading some posts and playing some more this week here are some questions that i'm having trouble with =) any help would b appreciate ty

1) What do you do when u flop 2pair on paired board OOP, and how do u adjust play when you are in position?
Bet pot in both cases, when "two pair" doesn't mean a pair in the pocket and a pair on the board.
2) TPGK OOP what is meant by ‘don’t build pot?’ don’t bet on dry board wit TP when you’re first to act?
Not building a pot means don't fall in love with the hand and play it aggressively. With TPGK, don't pot flop, then pot turn, then push river, in a nutshell. Maybe pot flop and check/call or check/fold afterwards.
3) Does min-raise then 3bet pf also mean kk/aa?
Not necessarily. People can play pretty strangely with almost anything.
With no reads whatsoever, I pot the flop, and push against a raise.
5) When is it not wrong to bet out with tp?
When you're pretty darn sure it's not the best hand, and you won't make anyone fold with your bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mercman572
11-26-2005, 02:41 AM
little too general to answer any of these completely. But not building a pot OOP generally means betting TPGK without a draw heavy board, checking the turn, and value betting the river... or some line that doesn't have you commmitting most of your chips without a way of telling if you are good or not.

Allinlife
11-26-2005, 03:33 AM
general questions suck imo

posting hands rock

ajmargarine
11-26-2005, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only one I really feel comfortable answering is this one. Bet pot. Even a slight overbet if it was a limped pot is good. Best to post specific hands for the rest of your questions.