PDA

View Full Version : Relying on Others Mistakes

lehighguy
11-26-2005, 12:49 AM
The guy I was playing against was your typical new fish, nothing to crazy but nothing impressive. Sometimes I see new fish that will call bets they never should because they see thier hand and not the board. I've seen alot that will call anything with the low full house on a two pair board, after all they have a full house!

Given the action and reads, I didn't think he had 99. I thought there was a chance of either a 4 or an 8, but I didn't see what was there comming.

Was I totally crazy re-raising at the end. I thought there was a chance he would call with a 4, and i was like the worst that can happen is split pot.

Effective Stacks 100BB ($600)
Hero is BB with 83o.
No raise preflop, 3 ppl to flop.

Flop: 9,8,8 ($17)
check, hero check, check.

Turn: 4
Hero bet $12, call, fold

River: 4
Hero bets 30, villian raises 130, hero re-raises, villian re-raises

captZEEbo1
11-26-2005, 12:56 AM
Hero bets 30
villian raises 130
hero re-raises (risky but maybe okay given a good read)
villian re-raises (now you should actually probably fold since a loan 8 won't do this)

You should REALLY not 3-bet this river though unless you have 89.

lehighguy
11-26-2005, 01:01 AM
There wasn't much left in my stack when he re-raised me. What's another 150 into a 1200 pot when its probably a split

captZEEbo1
11-26-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There wasn't much left in my stack when he re-raised me. What's another 150 into a 1200 pot when its probably a split

[/ QUOTE ]oh hard to tell since you didn't say bet sizes or anything...either way the 3bet is gross on this board

lehighguy
11-26-2005, 01:43 AM
Yeah I guess. I see people do some really retarded things at pacific $600. This guy overplayed his top pairs, I figured he might overestimate a full house. I hadn't even considered that there might be a better hand. He limped UTG with 98o.

I probably should have logged earlier tonight, I've just been running so well tonight and the last two weeks I didn't wanna stop.