PDA

View Full Version : 200 NL flop min re-raise

Percussion
11-26-2005, 12:44 AM
villian is solid winner with a deep stack

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO ($153.10)
Hero ($304.40)
SB ($78)
BB ($61.55)
UTG ($266.20)
UTG+1 ($445.25)
MP1 ($432.10)
MP2 ($74.25)
MP3 ($32.60)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $2, UTG+1 calls $2, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $10, UTG+1 calls $10.

Flop: ($39) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $36</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $72</font>, Hero ?

amoeba
11-26-2005, 12:49 AM
call and reevaluate.

11-26-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
call and reevaluate.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think thats the best play

if he just c/r he is 90% going to bet out turn -

the question is did he hit a set and i don t think it can be answered by calling and re-evaluating turn

this is a tough deicion and i personally usually end up putting my money in and winning 50% of time and losing 50% of time - id like to hear more responses

amoeba
11-26-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
call and reevaluate.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think thats the best play

if he just c/r he is 90% going to bet out turn -

the question is did he hit a set and i don t think it can be answered by calling and re-evaluating turn

this is a tough deicion and i personally usually end up putting my money in and winning 50% of time and losing 50% of time - id like to hear more responses

[/ QUOTE ]

flush draw will not bet the turn and top pair trying to pick off continuation bet will not pot the turn most of the time.

in any case, if you push now, you allow villain to not make too many mistakes.

this can be only profitable if you also do this with ace high.

Percussion
11-26-2005, 01:03 AM
well heres a little more info, I decided to call and the turn was a blank and he bet 80. now my question is -- how do I know if I am being outplayed or not?
I mean, I believe i made it pretty obvious I have a big pair in the hole, so if I fold this every time my opponents will always bluff me
And if I push this every time my opponents will play tight...

I guess one question of mine would be

"How do I get better?"

amoeba
11-26-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
well heres a little more info, I decided to call and the turn was a blank and he bet 80. now my question is -- how do I know if I am being outplayed or not?
I mean, I believe i made it pretty obvious I have a big pair in the hole, so if I fold this every time my opponents will always bluff me
And if I push this every time my opponents will play tight...

I guess one question of mine would be

"How do I get better?"

[/ QUOTE ]

its a matter of villain's bluffing frequency.

I think you can fold the turn though. villain check called UTG+1 preflop. if he is solid, this will likely not be top pair, maybe maybe AJ. I don't see him bettig again with flush draw.

but yeah its tough. you basically have to play based on game theory in these situations and exploit his bluffing frequency by 3 betting the flop sometimes with overpair and sometimes with nothing.