PDA

View Full Version : 20/40 pp wtf which street do you play dif.

DrGutshot
11-26-2005, 12:11 AM
This hand felt awful but i'm not sure what to do.

A practically unknown who i had seen open limp a couple times open limps in mid/late, the CO and button and blinds are all <15vpip so I raise with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, he calls.

Flop comes 468 rainbow. He bets, I think and just call really not sure where i stand.

Turn is a Kc putting two clubs on board.

He bets again, I just call.

River is an offsuit Queen, he bets and I fold.

-DrG

krishanleong
11-26-2005, 12:19 AM
I dislike the combo of calling the turn and folding the river. Are you trying to draw to 5 outs? Do you think he'll check the river and you'll turn over a winner significant amount of time? It doesn't seem like you have a detailed enough read for this to be the case.

The K is a beautiful card to semi-bluff if you want a showdown. Otherwise if I don't want to get involved I would just fold the turn.

Krishan

Piiop
11-26-2005, 12:23 AM
I agree with Krishan, I don't like the call turn/fold river line. Raising the turn and checking behind ui on the river seems good. Also, I would raise the flop some of time too. HU in position against an unknown who has open-limped in mid/late position before I don't think I'd want to fold too often.

CardSharpCook
11-26-2005, 03:21 AM
agreed. Fold the turn or raise the turn. Against some players, calling down might be best, but vs. an unknown, fold or raise the turn. your choice.

private joker
11-26-2005, 06:55 AM
I raise the turn. You're telling a story that you have AK, and representing it consistently. He'll fold some better hands and check a lot of rivers when he calls, so you can take a free showdown UI. If he 3-bets, you can safely fold since he won't 3-bet a worse hand and you won't have 5 clean outs a lot of the time.

Danenania
11-26-2005, 09:19 AM
I don't mind calling the turn. This isn't a great time to raise/fold to 3-bet because you have tons of outs against two pair. I think you definitely must must must call the river once you get there though.

DrGutshot
11-26-2005, 12:22 PM
yeah.....all these posts make perfect sense. Running bad is getting to my head. Thanks for the tips all,

-DrG

11-28-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
agreed. Fold the turn or raise the turn. Against some players, calling down might be best, but vs. an unknown, fold or raise the turn. your choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the play so far raise the turn and take a free showdown if your semi-bluff is unsuccessful. You could raise the flop as well if you wanted to. Calling on the turn and folding the river is bad IMO.

flopmonster
11-28-2005, 12:19 AM
I would probably just raise the flop here, but with the flop call I think you have to raise or fold this turn

TJD
11-28-2005, 07:25 AM
Not easy. We only have 1 piece of information on this player but it might be valuable. He has open-limped! This is not the action of an aggressive player.

Now, limpers are by definition poor players /images/graemlins/smile.gif and in my experience poor players bluff too much. This is true even if they are not aggressive. Of course, the poor aggro players bluff even more but this guy is NOT aggro.

So, there is a reasonable chance he is bluffing. Why the hell should HE have hit? Even a poor player does not think that flop hits many PFR so a bluff bet may appear.

My play here would be to raise the flop, bet the turn and check the river. That costs me 4SB and I see a SD. This is cheaper than any other route except if he checks the river.

If I meet resistance at any point I am gone (apart from a peel if I am 3-bet on the flop), because I assume this player is not aggro.

The comment that he may fold a better hand is, IMO, not based on the real world. They will always put you on 2 high cards so an 8 or a 6 or a PP is NOT folding here!

t