PDA

View Full Version : Why does my AA keep losing?

ClaytonN
11-25-2005, 11:55 PM
I don't understand, I've had aces twelve times this week and I ALWAYS get sucked out on! First I raised preflop and got killed by T3 offsuit, then I got beat by some fish with a 6 high straight who was coming along with rags!

I thought aces were good! I think they are overrated.

Poker is all luck! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

2+2 wannabe
11-26-2005, 12:00 AM
NH - you beat me to it! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Arnfinn Madsen
11-26-2005, 12:07 AM
Aces have negative implied odds, since you have the best hand, and the other hands' only chance to beat you is to outdraw you. Implied odds is so important in poker, that you should not give it to your opponent.

Fold preflop!

Black Aces 518
11-26-2005, 12:10 AM
I KNOW.

Get this I get A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif and I'm on the button. So best hand, best position, right? 5 fools limp in, and I call, cause I don't want to run em off. Let em call, I have AA lollerskates. The big blind minraises and everyone calls. I call too. Thanks for building my pot DONK.

So then the flop comes 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Excellent. No pairs higher than mine. Some idiot bets, and liek 4 people call. I call. They're falling right into the trap.

Turn is Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif Cool, the flush didn't come. Same guy bets and another guy minraises. Man you're a donk. I call and there's only four of us left. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

River is 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif What are the odds that someone has a heart? Someone bets, 2 people call, and I spring the trap with my AA and go allin. Two people call and I lose ! /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

So f'n rigged.

brick
11-26-2005, 12:29 AM
That's awesome!! Good post.

11-26-2005, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I KNOW.

Get this I get A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif and I'm on the button. So best hand, best position, right? 5 fools limp in, and I call, cause I don't want to run em off. Let em call, I have AA lollerskates. The big blind minraises and everyone calls. I call too. Thanks for building my pot DONK.

So then the flop comes 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Excellent. No pairs higher than mine. Some idiot bets, and liek 4 people call. I call. They're falling right into the trap.

Turn is Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif Cool, the flush didn't come. Same guy bets and another guy minraises. Man you're a donk. I call and there's only four of us left. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

River is 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif What are the odds that someone has a heart? Someone bets, 2 people call, and I spring the trap with my AA and go allin. Two people call and I lose ! /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

So f'n rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please tell me this is sarcasm. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

gabbahh
11-26-2005, 12:36 AM
AA is my loosingest hand. Better play T5. Now when a strait hits you got it.

Russ McGinley
11-26-2005, 12:46 AM
Because you touch yourself at night.

11-26-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I KNOW.

So f'n rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahaha poty

i started reading... and i was like 'please dont be serious, please dont be serious', then the end made it obvious

eviljeff
11-26-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Because you touch yourself at night.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

chessforlife
11-26-2005, 02:15 AM
God hates you.

Cancuk
11-26-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I KNOW.

So f'n rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please tell me this is sarcasm. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's serious.
you're smart.

Jinx
11-26-2005, 03:10 AM
aces don't play well multiway. Fold them and wait for 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Neuge
11-26-2005, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I KNOW.

So f'n rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]lol I was drunk the other night playing a 5+.50 SNG donkfest on stars and a situation very similar to this actually happened. The guy who lost stayed around for a while to berrate the "idiot" who stacked him with 76s. Damn that was entertaining.

Victor
11-26-2005, 03:27 AM
you would be surprised how long you can be a loser with aces. i have been in the 30s before. fun game no doubt.

wowacedude
11-26-2005, 03:42 AM
so funny. i guess beats, brags, and variance will be my new main forum

TomBrooks
11-26-2005, 07:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've had aces twelve times this week and I ALWAYS get sucked out on!

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you saying you lost 12 times in a row without a single win? That would be almost impossible.

11-26-2005, 09:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I KNOW.

So f'n rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Swede
11-26-2005, 10:45 AM
http://tinypic.com/huf4a1.jpg

TomBrooks
11-26-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you would be surprised how long you can be a loser with aces. i have been in the 30s before.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Victor,
In 85K hands, the worst I've done with AA is 6 losses out of 7 playing Shorthand and I was amazed. I would guess the statistical probability of more than 6 losses in a row to be around the order of 100,000 to 1. I would like to see a screenshot of AA results that can show 7 or more losses in a row with AA.

milesdyson
11-26-2005, 09:47 PM
if you lose with a given hand 10% of the time, the chance you lose the next two times you're dealt that hand in a row is a 0.1^2, or 0.01, or 1%, 1/100. for the next three in a row, is 1/1000.

ten in a row is 1 of 10,000,000,000

but aces lose more often than 10% - let's say 30% of the time. for this more realistic number,

ten in a row is 1 of ~170,000.

thirty in a row is 1 of ~4,860,000,000,000,000

key point: victor was not saying that he lost 30 pocket aces in a row. he said he was a loser with them for over 30 hands.

TomBrooks
11-26-2005, 10:30 PM
Post deleted by TomBrooks

ClaytonN
11-26-2005, 10:38 PM
If I had the ability to delete the most recent three posts in this thread, I really would.

You people make me sick!

TomBrooks
11-26-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I had the ability to delete the most recent three posts in this thread, I really would. You people make me sick!

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Clayton,

I certainly didn't wish to upset anyone with what I thought were some interesting statistics, but since you are the OP of this thread, I will honor your wishes. I was able to delete the last post so I did. My other post was beyond the time limit that would allow me to delete it. If a moderator wants to delete it, I give my permission to do so. I hope that people don't make you sick in the future.