PDA

View Full Version : a change of pace

TStoneMBD
11-25-2005, 10:57 PM
solid CO openraises I call in the BB with KJo. he likes to give up immediately when i checkraise him and he has nothing. his flop call indicates that he has an A/Q/gutshot or maybe a PP. i think if he has a gutshot hell check the turn figuring i have a queen that wont fold.

flop is AAQr

he bets, i checkraise he calls

turn is an 8

i check and fold

Spicymoose
11-26-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
solid CO openraises I call in the BB with KJo. he likes to give up immediately when i checkraise him and he has nothing. his flop call indicates that he has an A/Q/gutshot or maybe a PP. i think if he has a gutshot hell check the turn figuring i have a queen that wont fold.

flop is AAQr

he bets, i checkraise he calls

turn is an 8

i check and fold

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think gutshots check as often as you say, unless ou have a relaly strong read otherwise. I would lead the turn, and hope he folds hands that otherwise would have had 6 outs, or possibly would make you fold as you did if you check. What about 3-betting preflop?

Surfbullet
11-26-2005, 12:15 AM
I like it. You'll get a free card often because he'll fear another c/r. What do you think of c/c, c/f?

Surf

Dave Mac
11-26-2005, 03:45 AM
i agree it is a good line, i don't think you are ever really ahead, and i don't think he is ever really folding. and i would not check call then turn b/c either you outs are dirty, or you won't win more than 1 bet on the river. i think i guess i could see A8 going off for 4 river bets, but i am not sure. anyways i think it is good and a turn cc.
dave

dave44
11-26-2005, 04:49 AM
I like this- its easy to forget that its not a necessity to continue a semi-bluff onto the next street.

bobbyi
11-26-2005, 01:40 PM
Without more information about the villain than you are giving us, I don't like it. If he has pocket sevens, you have sixteen outs. If he has QT, you have nine outs. And so forth. He needs to have trips or better quite often (someone else want to do math?) for folding the turn to be right here and I don't think you can pin him down that tightly. Of course, you can't be completely certain he would play something like 77 or QT like this (maybe he can fold the former to the flop c/r and check the latter back on the turn to get to a sd and avoid being c/r'ed again), but you also can't be completely certain that he never plays this way with a worse gutshot or that he always plays this way with an ace (he could three-bet the flop; he might even check it on the flop as a slowplay, although that seems much less likely from a solid player you have been c/r'ing a lot on the flop).

Given that he often gives up when you c/r the flop, doing that here was the right play, and once he continues, checking the turn is fine, but I think you need to take one off and then you can fold the river if you don't help.