PDA

View Full Version : how do i play toptwo

TStoneMBD
11-25-2005, 10:37 PM
3 handed game

button is a tag player. hes not laggro tag, hes tag. i doubt hed cap a weak hand preflop and hed probably lay down QQ or worse if i checkraise this board. what do i do?

button opens, i 3bet AKo in the SB, BB folds he caps

flop is AK3r

what do i do?

checkcall flop cr turn?

11-25-2005, 10:45 PM
c/c, c/c, bet?

mtdoak
11-25-2005, 10:46 PM
I like a bet, bet, bet. If he has QQ, he's going to take the free card/cheap showdown on the turn. I also like Bet/call Check/Raise if you can pull it off.

wheelz
11-25-2005, 10:47 PM
would he bet QQ or worse on the turn if you check/called the flop? would he call UI if you bet into him on the turn or river after that? probably not. so yeah i guess c/c the flop, c/r the turn, hope he has AQ or AJs and if 3-bets call down hoping he has AK.

11-25-2005, 10:49 PM
I misinterpretted OP.

wheelz
11-25-2005, 10:51 PM
well i guess he could put you on QJ and call a river bet...

tolbiny
11-25-2005, 10:51 PM
will he call down with QQ-TT if you donk the whole way?

TStoneMBD
11-25-2005, 10:57 PM
no idea

imitation
11-25-2005, 11:08 PM
I think i'm leaning closest to check/call check/raise. I don't like, cc, cc, bet, as I don't think you get enough value from other A, or even K, where as you fold all the same hands against a TAG with a river bet as you do with a turn CR.

Spicymoose
11-25-2005, 11:17 PM
I like check call, check raise. He will probably bet on both of these streets, and if he decides to folds to your check raise, it is probably with a hand that he would of folded anyway if you would have been the agressor. This line is good because if he has an ace or king, he will probably go to showdown anyway, and you get lots of money in. Furthermore, he may get trigger happy with AQ or something, and you get even more bets in.

oreogod
11-25-2005, 11:24 PM
hmmm...thats tough...u are almost always ahead or splitting here (3-1 your favor, discounting AQ and if he opens QQ-AA and AK only).

Maybe c/c, donk-3bet turn. Free card on the turn would be kind of sucky (not because of a draw out or anything), but its not that bad if hes folding to your turn bet but will only call your river bet. c/c down, lead river...or c/c, donk turn/call raise and go from there.

wheelz
11-25-2005, 11:26 PM
i really think this guy just calls down AQ/AJ if you donk the turn. he knows you know how strong he is, and you're betting into him on an AKx board... i think he only raises the turn with a better/the same hand.

oreogod
11-25-2005, 11:27 PM
i edited my post to include other lines I would take. Also missed that villian was tag-ish player.

Fudgenut
11-26-2005, 03:26 AM
I would check call, then bet the turn.

I think this is suspicious enough as to get a worse hand to call the turn AND river, and if hes aggressive enough, you can bet to 3 bet the turn if he has an ace.

Dave Mac
11-26-2005, 03:34 AM
there are 3 ways you can play this hand. first are you basicilly saying if he gives action you are beat? i would expet even a tag to have A9-AQ a lot here. and i think you overestimate most people's folding ablity here. however, this is what i would do, either cr the flop, hoping to get 3 bet and then eitehr cr the turn, or if you think he will fold all the hands you beat, cr the river.

or lead the flop, execpt to get raised and then cr the turn.

however, if you are syaing if he gives action you are beat, which i have a very hard time beilieveing then i would check-call, check-call, check raise.

however, i would prolly cr the flop expect to get 3 bet and get a chance to cr anouther street.

TStoneMBD
11-26-2005, 03:51 AM
if i got 3bet after a flop checkraise i would checkraise the turn and fold to a 3bet. i never said if i got action i was beat, thats what everyone else is saying. im saying i think hell fold to a flop cr with QQ and under the majority of the time. or hell call and fold turn.

spydog
11-26-2005, 07:04 AM
Bet the flop.

1) If he raises then call down.
2) If he calls then you assume he is folding the turn if he holds TT-QQ. So, check the turn. If he checks then he probably has TT-QQ so you can bet the river and he'll probably call because your play is odd. If he bets the turn then you can assume he has a chopping hand or better and will fire again on the river, so I would check-call or the river.

Jeff W
11-26-2005, 09:37 AM
I'd c/r flop. You can't squeeze blood from a turnip.

tomahawk
11-26-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if i got 3bet after a flop checkraise i would checkraise the turn and fold to a 3bet

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point the pot is ~12bb right? Don't you think you tie or win here enough to spend two bbs calling down.

Schneids
11-26-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I think this is suspicious enough as to get a worse hand to call the turn AND river, and if hes aggressive enough, you can bet to 3 bet the turn if he has an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet my roommate plays just like me /images/graemlins/smile.gif I echo this.

To add to the analysis: Say you checkcall the flop and villain has QQ or JJ or something. Now turn goes check/check. You bet river opponent makes call just to see/verify you aren't stealing with 88, QJ, etc. You'll win less this way since if they have QQ they'll almost for sure call your turn donk bet anyway (though maybe fold on the river).

As a final line, I also think: c/c, bet, c/r is a fine line too. This way will get one more bet out of aces who aren't aggro enough to raise you on the turn.

Dave Mac
11-26-2005, 03:37 PM
then this is easy, put in some flop action and try to get 2-3 sbs in on that street and 2 on the turn. But i also think that folding to a turn 3 bet is bad news. even tags get out of line a little or get lathered up in 3 handed games. if you get 3 bet that sucks but you need to call down.
dave

oreogod
11-28-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet my roommate plays just like me /images/graemlins/smile.gif I echo this.

To add to the analysis: Say you checkcall the flop and villain has QQ or JJ or something. Now turn goes check/check. You bet river opponent makes call just to see/verify you aren't stealing with 88, QJ, etc. You'll win less this way since if they have QQ they'll almost for sure call your turn donk bet anyway (though maybe fold on the river).

As a final line, I also think: c/c, bet, c/r is a fine line too. This way will get one more bet out of aces who aren't aggro enough to raise you on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG I play like schneids. sweet.

cartman
11-28-2005, 04:24 PM
I just lead the flop. If he raises then I donk the turn. If he raises there I probably just call down and pray for a chop. Sometimes I would cuss at myself as I donked the river also. I know when I cap preflop and get led into on the flop by a typical opponent I just assume that he is 5-betting preflop, not necessarily taking into consideration the board. Then again you are not my typical opponent. If he is truly TAG I doubt he is going to spend alot of chips with QQ here.

Cartman