PDA

View Full Version : blind defense checkup, bottom pair.

waffle
11-25-2005, 07:54 PM
5/10 unknowns, (or answer for your limit.)

button opens, sb calls, you call in bb with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif

sb checks, you bet.

how's this?

bonus question 1: button calls, sb folds. turn: A/images/graemlins/club.gif. c/r or go for three?

bonus question 2: button raises, sb folds. plan?

imported_leader
11-25-2005, 07:59 PM
I would c/c and fold the turn UI.

1. I would lead and hope for a raise

2. I'd call and fold the turn UI.

11-25-2005, 08:32 PM
The only difficult situation here is: what if the button flat calls and the turn blanks? To avoid that terrible situation I usually just let this one go on the flop. Move along and focus on bigger pots.

Alobar
11-25-2005, 09:05 PM
sometimes ill bet it, but ive been doing that alot less lately, seems like unless hes aggresive I only get raised when im beat, otherwise he just calls and gives the SB better odds to call or an excuse to not raise a made hand. So lately ive been just checking and seeing what happens. Not sure if this is better or im just getting weak tight.

Id never go for a checkraise if the A hits, the 3 bet is so much sexier.

Wynton
11-25-2005, 09:35 PM
I generally bet from the bb in this situation (though I'd probably go for a c/r if I was in the sb). If button raises, I'll just call and reassess on the turn. Probably would fold ui.

With 2 pair on the turn, I would be inclined to lead bet again.

oreogod
11-25-2005, 09:46 PM
sweet, u are using the bonus question thing to. I like the idea alot, that way it kind of kills 2-3 birds with one stone, and mostly because Im always just curious to what ppl will do in certain/tough situations that didnt happen but could.

I probably bet the flop, but sometimes I check it.